By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - My Call Of Duty (World At War) beta impressions

A pack of dogs and vehicles? Unless the maps are (Battlefield) big, I can't imagine the tanks fit in well. If they are that big, I can't imagine the dogs are that useful. It sounds like everything I didn't want in 4.

If it is Battelfield style, I'll probably pick it up at a later date. I only really liked CoD4 from the series and that was for the single player, so that's what I'm most interested in. Is it just a multiplayer beta, or could you say a little about the campaign? Are the characters as well made as 4? Has the X weapon spam gone?

Around the Network

I have got a beta code... but no gold to use it with, though I will be getting gold in early november, I just hope the beta is still going then

@ kowenicki, excellent, I should get a little bit of play time then! but the week before launch I am getting R2 and GeoW 2, so I may be a little pushed for time to play. I am not going to get this at launch because of the competition from those two, I am going to wait until christmas

I am very happy if it is just a relayering of CoD 4, so my purchase of this is pretty much guaranteed

Good to hear you like it. If anyone gets an extra beta code, and dosn't want it I would be happy to take it, as I am a big COD fan. PM me if any of you do

Around the Network

Sounds promising, but will the final game really be worth a purchase ahead of the likes of Resistance 2?

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

kowenicki said:

Early impressions.... very very good

Gorgeous looking, excellent visuals, slightly up a notch from COD4, lighting and smoke effects, particularly on one of the maps (seems to be a disused railway station.. lots of half wrecked steam engines) are very atmospheric. 

The kill cam is even better

The order to call in a pack of dogs is good fun, unless the dogs have been called on you!

Scoring system and online date is very similar to COD4

Not found a flame thrower yet.  

You can drive tanks

Runs very very smooth, but then there are only 2000 online so it should do.

3 or 4 maps in the beta

I'll come back wioth more detail later.   

is there any other perk apart from the dogs? ie cod4 had helicopter and airstrikes?

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Great News, maybe Treyarch will be able to prove doubters wrong, i might get the Wii version if controls are good.

@ skeeuk, yeh, there is UAV equivalent, carpet bombing and then the dogs

Is it too late to sign up for the beta?