By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - What can MS do to capture Others?

Everstar said:

WHy dose MS have such a bad image over there what did they do?

I don´t Know. Maybe because they are percepted as an American capitalism symbol and some people outside US dislike those. The country where x360 is best received is UK, as they don´t have problems with capitalism at all, but the rest of the world is still tainted with prejudice agaisnt US. I live in Brazil and have personal contact with this kind of prejudice.

I don´t have any trouble with capitalism and US as I´m a Economics student and lived in the US for 3 months, but many people here and in the rest of the world dislike US for one reason or another and their perception of a brand, in this case MS, is tainted because of that.

Mind you, in BR we don´t have this worry when buying stuff, if we like it we get it, but in Europe people tend to show in their shoping their views about the world, like not buying products that damage environment or destroying MCDonalds restaurants in France.  

VASCO DA GAMA CAMPEÃO DA COPA DO BRASIL!!!

CONGRATULATIONS VASCÃO

VICE É O CARALH*

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future......NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Around the Network
aavidbacon said:
Everstar said:

WHy dose MS have such a bad image over there what did they do?

I don´t Know. Maybe because they are percepted as an American capitalism symbol and some people outside US dislike those. The country where x360 is best received is UK, as they don´t have problems with capitalism at all, but the rest of the world is still tainted with prejudice agaisnt US. I live in Brazil and have personal contact with this kind of prejudice.

I don´t have any trouble with capitalism and US as I´m a Economics student and lived in the US for 3 months, but many people here and in the rest of the world dislike US for one reason or another and their perception of a brand, in this case MS, is tainted because of that.

Mind you, in BR we don´t have this worry when buying stuff, if we like it we get it, but in Europe people tend to show in their shoping their views about the world, like not buying products that damage environment or destroying MCDonalds restaurants in France.  

Hmmmm i c

Proud Owner of  a Wii and Xbox 360 and a PS3(When I get the money)

lightbleeder said:
They just need to buy exclusivity for the football games, that way they'll dominate forever...

You sir are a genius!

Proud Owner of  a Wii and Xbox 360 and a PS3(When I get the money)

Buy Pro Evo.

Consoles Owned: XBOX 360, Wii, DS and PSP.

Yeah they should but Pro-evo and then that way they'll dominate others as well. Hell I think little to any PS4's are going to be sold in others then. This will be like Madden going to the 720 exclusive in the Americas.

End of '08 predictions (made by theprof00): PS3: 20m, 360: 23.5m, wii: 42m

Now Playin':  PS3|Resistance 2, LBP, Uncharted and Fifa 09, PSP| Ratchet and Clank: Size matters, 360| Gears of war 2 and Fallout 3.

Around the Network

I don't know how much more than dropping the price twice in one year you can do.

Put a Playstation Brand sticker on it?

ZenfoldorVGI said:

In Others, RRoD is a much larger deal than it is hear in the US. It's more highly publicized, also. Takes longer to get your console back, and other countries are less wasteful and more caring about singular material objects.

In America, if our 360 breaks, we might just buy a new one, lol. Actually, we American's are pretty freakin' decadent, if you ask me. I love it, personally. Just hope the stock market doesn't crash......DOH!

That, and Sony just has a good rep in Others. The PS and PS2 are what got Others into gaming in the first place, afterall. Sony is like their Nintendo.

Unfortunately, that also means Others if filled with a lot more people who are ignorant of anything that came out before Resident Evil. You see all these people around here with bad tastes? Here's a secret. They never owned a SNES. Blew your mind, didn't I?

I'm European, SNES was 1st Console, Prefer Sony PS FTW

They could drop the price of the elite to £100 instead of only bringing the arcade version which no one seems to want to mass market price.

If that fails they could try giving the console away for free. On a serious note I don't think there is anything they can do to capture Others. Wii's momentum is just far too strong so I don't see how 360 can win in Others. But it can be very competitive by offering the Elite at a mass market price and maybe finish ahead of Sony. Will be tough as Europe has always been Playstation land but Wii has shown it can be done.

Biggest Pikmin Fan on VGChartz I was chosen by default due to voting irregularities

Super Smash Brawl Code 1762-4158-5677 Send me a message if you want to receive a beat down

Rename it "Playstation" or "Wii", and buy their respective boxes.