By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - What can MS do to capture Others?

Ninty and Sony seem to be dominating Others while MS are being left behind. Even with a 1 year start the PS3 has already caught up, at least in the EU. Even with aggresive price-cuts it doesn't seem to be selling as well as it should. So what should MS do this gen/ next gen to get others? I think next-gen flood others with racers.

End of '08 predictions (made by theprof00): PS3: 20m, 360: 23.5m, wii: 42m

Now Playin':  PS3|Resistance 2, LBP, Uncharted and Fifa 09, PSP| Ratchet and Clank: Size matters, 360| Gears of war 2 and Fallout 3.

Around the Network

Uhh. The 360 is still in front and it's widening the gap as we speak. That's the current situation buddy.

ultimate_123 said:

Nintendo are dominating while Microsft and Sony are being left behind.

Fixed.

buy Grant Turismo rights...

Well, I wouldn't say Sony is in on the dominating.

Last 3 months:

Wii: 1.9M

Ps3: 1.0M

X360: 0.8M

In Americas, this is the situation.

Wii: 1.9M

Ps3: 0.8M

X360: 1.0M

So then, you would have to say that in Amercias, Nintendo and Microsoft are dominating, with Sony lagging behind.

As for what Microsoft can do, I think they're content with their sales - I mean, it is the area where the X360 has improved the most over what the original XB did.

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

Around the Network

@Chrizum just cos 360 is winning doesnt mean its done well. Cant you remember and didnt you read the 1st paragraphc about the 1 whole year headstart?

More innovation,
Switch to blu ray etc etc...

oliminator1994 said:
@Chrizum just cos 360 is winning doesnt mean its done well. Cant you remember and didnt you read the 1st paragraphc about the 1 whole year headstart?

I'm not saying the 360 has done well. Fact is, both the 360 and the PS3 are failing when compared to the Wii. But to say the PS3 is dominating and the 360 is lagging is complete nonsense. If anything, it looks like PS3 will be dead last in both Others and Americas.

Chrizum said:
oliminator1994 said:

I'm not saying the 360 has done well. Fact is, both the 360 and the PS3 are failing when compared to the Wii. But to say the PS3 is dominating and the 360 is lagging is complete nonsense. If anything, it looks like PS3 will be dead last in both Others and Americas.

Thats BS cos PS3 will outsell the 360 is others and im certain of that.

"This time next year PS3 will be leading the 360 in Others. 

Im willing to have a bet on that so quote me

oliminator1994 said:
Chrizum said:
oliminator1994 said:

Thats BS cos PS3 will outsell the 360 is others and im certain of that.

"This time next year PS3 will be leading the 360 in Others.

Im willing to have a bet on that so quote me

Oh come on. The Ps3 beating the 360 in Others is no feat. Sony's strongest market (comparatively) has always been Others. Now you're telling me beating a Microsoft console, which sell pretty much all of its hardware/software in Americas, is a big thing?

That, my friend, is BS (whatever that means, but I assume it's negative :P)

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS