By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - How many would answer the call for a US draft?

The Ghost of RubangB said:
bigjon said:
bunch of pussys... lol, I kid

But it would be very unpatriotic to dodge a draft, but I am glad people do dodge the draft. If someone is too weak too be willing to serve, there is no way in hell I want they within a grenades throw of my foxhole.

Dissent is patriotic.  Letting your government know they're ass-backwards is patriotic.  Fighting any war they want you to is blind nationalism and is very dangerous.  It's like Captain America said, (I'm paraphrasing here) "I don't work for the American government.  I work for the American dream."

Yeah but Captain America's dead, so maybe he should have worded it better.

@Grey Acumen-I'm only half getting what you're saying but if I'm right, then touche. My point still stands though.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Around the Network
The Ghost of RubangB said:
bigjon said:
bunch of pussys... lol, I kid

But it would be very unpatriotic to dodge a draft, but I am glad people do dodge the draft. If someone is too weak too be willing to serve, there is no way in hell I want they within a grenades throw of my foxhole.

Dissent is patriotic.  Letting your government know they're ass-backwards is patriotic.  Fighting any war they want you to is blind nationalism and is very dangerous.  It's like Captain America said, (I'm paraphrasing here) "I don't work for the American government.  I work for the American dream."

Dude, bad example. Cap is dead, man.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

vlad321 said:

The whole argument for guns is what happens when the current government decides to do smoething horrible that many people find unacceptable.  Even though the slave issue was one of the most minor causes, the masses only knew of this and rose up against the government, resulting in  the governments seceding from the federal government. The reason given for having guns is in case something gets passed that's as unappealing as the whole slave thing was back then to the southerners, at least the powerful ones, and we all know know what happened back then. Of course I'm gonna bring up the Civil War, why does history exist in the first place?

Slave issues were one of the most minor causes of the Civil War? I've heard that point marginalized by various Southerners ex post facto, but never to that extent.

Onyxmeth said:

@Grey Acumen-I'm only half getting what you're saying but if I'm right, then touche. My point still stands though.

I think you got it :P

Seppukuties is like LBP Lite, on crack. Play it already!

Currently wrapped up in: Half Life, Portal, and User Created Source Mods
Games I want: (Wii)Mario Kart, Okami, Bully, Conduit,  No More Heroes 2 (GC) Eternal Darkness, Killer7, (PS2) Ico, God of War1&2, Legacy of Kain: SR2&Defiance

My Prediction: Wii will be achieve 48% market share by the end of 2008, and will achieve 50% by the end of june of 09. Prediction Failed.

<- Click to see more of her

A. I'm English, I doubt the US army would accept me.
and B. Russia are not going to attack you, they are one of your strongest allies and one of your greatest friends. Why do Americans still view them as a threat?

Around the Network
highwaystar101 said:
and B. Russia are not going to attack you, they are one of your strongest allies and one of your greatest friends. Why do Americans still view them as a threat?

Because they're the Russians.

It has a great, menacing sound to it. Like Darth Vader or something.

rocketpig said:
highwaystar101 said:

Or an even better example would be going to any other country or media source and saying the Americans *wiggles fingers*

Seppukuties is like LBP Lite, on crack. Play it already!

Currently wrapped up in: Half Life, Portal, and User Created Source Mods
Games I want: (Wii)Mario Kart, Okami, Bully, Conduit,  No More Heroes 2 (GC) Eternal Darkness, Killer7, (PS2) Ico, God of War1&2, Legacy of Kain: SR2&Defiance

My Prediction: Wii will be achieve 48% market share by the end of 2008, and will achieve 50% by the end of june of 09. Prediction Failed.

<- Click to see more of her

I think blind patriotism is as stupid as blind religious faith. I'm not going to help invade some random country just because the president says I have to or will go to prison. I'm not going to fight against gay rights because some christian televangelist says I will burn in hell if I don't. If I think something is wrong, I think it's wrong and I'm not going to do it because it's my duty from god or the president (though in the minds of many there is no difference between the two). Doing something that you think is wrong just because somebody in power says to do so is purely idiotic and shows a gross lack of integrity. I repeat for emphasis, blind patriotism is equally bad as blind religious faith.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

Grey Acumen said:
rocketpig said:
highwaystar101 said:

Or an even better example would be going to any other country or media source and saying the Americans *wiggles fingers*

See? It's a win-win for everybody.

*makes menacing breathing sounds*

The_vagabond7 said:
I think blind patriotism is as stupid as blind religious faith. I'm not going to help invade some random country just because the president says I have to or will go to prison. I'm not going to fight against gay rights because some christian televangelist says I will burn in hell if I don't. If I think something is wrong, I think it's wrong and I'm not going to do it because it's my duty from god or the president (though in the minds of many there is no difference between the two). Doing something that you think is wrong just because somebody in power says to do so is purely idiotic and shows a gross lack of integrity. I repeat for emphasis, blind patriotism is equally bad as blind religious faith.

You're wrong.*

*today is Rocketpig's experiment to see if he can keep all his posts under three lines.