By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - How many would answer the call for a US draft?

Too old for the draft. Let me know when the modern day Boston Tea Party starts up tho, Im down.

Around the Network

If a war large enough to pass a draft occurred, I would have already enlisted in the Air Force. Screw the Army.

Brawl FC: 4382-1668-1880
Name:Brsch

Animal Crossing City Folk

FC: 2492-8227-9090           Town: McAwesom          Name: Gary

Add me and send me a PM with your FC!

Grey Acumen said:

Jackson50 said:

I am not and never will be a fan of "forced" service. I find it most disheartening that the people would be forced to serve the government. 

Why? Children are forced to learn how to read write and do math, why shouldn't we mandate learning the responsible use and care of firearms and a real understanding of how military operations are run? if that became the standard, there'd be no way for the government to force anyone to do something that the general public doesn't want

I like to think that the parents force their children to learn math and how to read. I also think it is spurious to compare an adult to a child. I oppose it because of what military conscription stands for. It treats the people as subjects of the state, and that is not congruous with our society. Daniel Webster made a famous defense for not allowing cumpulsory service. I would implore people to read it.

vlad321 said:
Grey Acumen said:
Jackson50 said:
HappySqurriel said:
Sylvarantinc said:
Here in Belgium the liberal army union recently proposed reinforcing the draft here in belgium because "it creates friendships for life" lol.
I think it's a ridiculous concept so no sign up for me, being colorblind I would be pretty useless anyways

I'm actually a pretty big fan of "forced" military service (which is different from the draft) but I think claiming it is to create friendships for life is pretty silly ...

I am not and never will be a fan of "forced" service. I find it most disheartening that the people would be forced to serve the government. 

Why? Children are forced to learn how to read write and do math, why shouldn't we mandate learning the responsible use and care of firearms and a real understanding of how military operations are run? if that became the standard, there'd be no way for the government to force anyone to do something that the general public doesn't want

Wow... just... WOW. Trust me, no matter how terained you are and no matter how many guns you have, if the government wanted to come into your house or to push you around there is absolutely nothing you'd be able to do about it. Having guns as protection against the government is the stupidest argument I've ever heard

Um, maybe the way you're thinking about it, yeah, that would be the dumbest argument in the world. But that argument stands a bit differently when your entire community is there to back you up and has guns of their own, and their neighbors and so on. It's not JUST me against the government, it's the government against everyone that recognizes a government that is overstepping its bounds.

Seppukuties is like LBP Lite, on crack. Play it already!

Currently wrapped up in: Half Life, Portal, and User Created Source Mods
Games I want: (Wii)Mario Kart, Okami, Bully, Conduit,  No More Heroes 2 (GC) Eternal Darkness, Killer7, (PS2) Ico, God of War1&2, Legacy of Kain: SR2&Defiance

My Prediction: Wii will be achieve 48% market share by the end of 2008, and will achieve 50% by the end of june of 09. Prediction Failed.

<- Click to see more of her

Depends on the cause for the draft. If its for something I don't believe is a good cause for PEOPLE of the US then I will be saying hell no. I understand if its to possibly help other countries then yea but it all really depends if I believe its for a better cause. If its for Iraq right now hell no I would be out of here.

Around the Network

Guns = Solution to EVERY problem

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

Grey Acumen said:
vlad321 said:
Grey Acumen said:
Jackson50 said:
HappySqurriel said:
Sylvarantinc said:
Here in Belgium the liberal army union recently proposed reinforcing the draft here in belgium because "it creates friendships for life" lol.
I think it's a ridiculous concept so no sign up for me, being colorblind I would be pretty useless anyways

I'm actually a pretty big fan of "forced" military service (which is different from the draft) but I think claiming it is to create friendships for life is pretty silly ...

Wow... just... WOW. Trust me, no matter how terained you are and no matter how many guns you have, if the government wanted to come into your house or to push you around there is absolutely nothing you'd be able to do about it. Having guns as protection against the government is the stupidest argument I've ever heard

Um, maybe the way you're thinking about it, yeah, that would be the dumbest argument in the world. But that argument stands a bit differently when your entire community is there to back you up and has guns of their own, and their neighbors and so on. It's not JUST me against the government, it's the government against everyone that recognizes a government that is overstepping its bounds.

And then the army rolls in a single, out of the many they have, armored vehicles and they won't give a crap about yours or 50 of your friend's guns. Furthermore, worst comes to worst they take out the air force and bomb your sorry community to the ground. Let's see your guns go against that. It's is naive to think that simple armed civilians can do anything against the organized army of their country.

Tag(thx fkusumot) - "Yet again I completely fail to see your point..."

HD vs Wii, PC vs HD: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=93374

Why Regenerating Health is a crap game mechanic: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3986420

gamrReview's broken review scores: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4170835

I wouldn't do it, but it's because i'm sole guardian of my daughter right now. My country over my child? Nope.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Onyxmeth said:

I wouldn't do it, but it's because i'm sole guardian of my daughter right now. My country over my child? Nope.

That is a most noble reason.

Jackson50 said:
Onyxmeth said:

That is a most noble reason.

I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be drafted for the same reason though. I doubt the government would tell a single parent to hand their child over to a relative just so they could pick up some awesome rifle and curb stomp fools.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.