By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Nazna's 360 Impressions

@Nazna

If your controller is giving you a "please reconnect controller" I dunno exactly where you got it, but mine did the same thing, and it was because there was invisible battery corrosion/manfacturing substance on the springs, and/or your battery is low. Even if the battery only has one bar missing, it will give you a "please reconnect controller" sometimes.

Take a Q-tip with alcohol(do this with all your new controllers) and dip it in alcohol, and rub it on the springs and clips on both sides of where the batter connects, and then where the pack connects with the controller itself. Now put new batteries in it. It should be fixed.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Around the Network

You hate Kameo, too? I don't get what people see in that game.

ZenfoldorVGI said:

@Nazna

If your controller is giving you a "please reconnect controller" I dunno exactly where you got it, but mine did the same thing, and it was because there was invisible battery corrosion/manfacturing substance on the springs, and/or your battery is low. Even if the battery only has one bar missing, it will give you a "please reconnect controller" sometimes.

Take a Q-tip with alcohol(do this with all your new controllers) and dip it in alcohol, and rub it on the springs and clips on both sides of where the batter connects, and then where the pack connects with the controller itself. Now put new batteries in it. It should be fixed.

Oh thank you.  I've been looking all over the freaking internet for advice on this issue and this is the first time I've seen someone give a real possible solution.  Trying that now.

I don't even know what the 5 XBLA games that came with it are.  I recognized Uno and Pac-Man.  It definitely doesn't have Geometry Wars.

naznatips said:
Sephiroth357 said:
Great Impression.

But which do you prefer more, the 360 or PS3?

Wii.  Joking (sorta).  I like all my consoles, and despite many people's claims of the 2 HD consoles offering the same things, I get different experiences from all of them.  At the moment the 360 is probably my least favorite, but that's not really fair to say since I haven't had time to buy enough games for it for it to possibly compete with the other two.  I've already played it more than I played my original Xbox.

it took a while to grow on me. The great thing about the console, is there is so much stuff to do on and for it, and you'll never run out. That's what happened for me with my Wii and PS3. Ran out of stuff. Granted, this was nearly 6months ago since I had either of those consoles at my beckon call.

One thing that'll hook you is achievements. Seem stupid as hell at first, but you'll see soon enough. Also, I know you know(and I kinda skimmed your first article, tbh) but try plugging in some MP3s on a jump drive in sometimes, and pull up the dashboard.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

naznatips said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:

@Nazna

Oh thank you.  I've been looking all over the freaking internet for advice on this issue and this is the first time I've seen someone give a real possible solution.  Trying that now.

I don't even know what the 5 XBLA games that came with it are.  I recognized Uno and Pac-Man.  It definitely doesn't have Geometry Wars.

you are what i wanted to be this generation, but my system engineer career its not letting me, hell i may work more and get all consoles some day.

Around the Network

Ikaruga is amazingly fun and ridiculously hard. Culdcept Saga can be a blast if you can get into the hyper quircky titles. It should be pretty cheap by now too. If you can look past the bullshit that is Yoda Soul Calibur 4 is half-way decent, but not anything spectacular quite honestly. I am going to have to go against Maxwell though, and recomend you avoid Beautiful Katamarii liek the plague. It is devoid of all the charm the first few games had that made them awesome.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

naznatips said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:

@Nazna

lol, dude, I looked everywhere too. Came up with that myself, and it worked for me. It was worrying the hell out of me. Scrub it good with the alcohol(I used nail polish remover out of necessity). Hope that works for you. A lot of people have that problem, and everyone says "send it back." I knew that was BS, so I fixed it myself. Took me a week to think of that, though, lol. I don't send back crap I can probably fix myself. Way to much hassle.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

As far as XBLA, I like Braid, Doom(surprisingly great), Geometry Wars, and that's about it for me, but I got a crapload of games that I still haven't got around to playing yet, that I bought from retail(ebay), so I only play the creme of the crop.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Glad to hear you're happy with your 360, I hope it never breaks.

As a side comment, you do know that Wii points translate directly into real money, right? At least for the USD it does.

Can you select the five XBL games or are they selected for you? If you can select them, you must purchase "Undertow." That game is Fun with a capital f!