By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - I congratulate microsoft for getting 3 rpg`s out in japan

^as above

its impressive that microsoft has got out

• tales of vesparia
  • infinite discovery
  • last remnant

these 3 have come out in 2008 an have provided a much needed boost for 360, later on comes star ocean last hope which will also provide a boost.

money hatting or no money hatting, times exclusive or not, the fact is that microsoft got these games out 1st on 360 and they have done a good job.

i do however belive that ps3 boosts for white knight and final fantasy 13 will be ten times more, but thats later on. right now 360 has got 3 rpg`s for japan in 2008 and they cant be knocked back for thier business model in japan.

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Around the Network

What about Eternal Sonata, Blue Dragon, Lost Odyssey, and although I'm not sure if it was released in Japan, Enchanted Arms? And wasn't there a Phantasy Star game on the 360? I can't be bothered to check since I'm about to watch an old Bond film.

As for the PS3 boosts, the 360 went from 951 hardware sales the week before Infinite Undiscovery to 28,719 sales on the launch week for the game. Are you really telling me that the launch of White Knight or FF13 could give a boost ten times as much?

MontanaHatchet said:
What about Eternal Sonata, Blue Dragon, Lost Odyssey, and although I'm not sure if it was released in Japan, Enchanted Arms? And wasn't there a Phantasy Star game on the 360? I can't be bothered to check since I'm about to watch an old Bond film.

As for the PS3 boosts, the 360 went from 951 hardware sales the week before Infinite Undiscovery to 28,719 sales on the launch week for the game. Are you really telling me that the launch of White Knight or FF13 could give a boost ten times as much?

combined definatly will, final fantasy 13 will be a major system seller i predict nearly a million ps3 sold because of that game

yes the other games u mentioned have already been out, i was in fact referring to the recent ones

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Skeeuk said:
MontanaHatchet said:

combined definatly will, final fantasy 13 will be a major system seller i predict nearly a million ps3 sold because of that game

yes the other games u mentioned have already been out, i was in fact referring to the recent ones

this will be amusing

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

kowenicki said:
agreed skee and agreed montana...

but 10 times... calm down skee! and that assumes FFXIII doesnt appear on the 360 in Japan.. (calm down, calm down... im pulling your leg)

Wasn't there a rumor that FF13 would be on the 360 in Japan? It was pretty recent, but I wasn't following it enough to know if it was debunked or not.

Around the Network
MontanaHatchet said:
kowenicki said:
agreed skee and agreed montana...

but 10 times... calm down skee! and that assumes FFXIII doesnt appear on the 360 in Japan.. (calm down, calm down... im pulling your leg)

Wasn't there a rumor that FF13 would be on the 360 in Japan? It was pretty recent, but I wasn't following it enough to know if it was debunked or not.

noting new about it but it didn't appear on TGS so ..... u know

I think 10x due to WKC is a bit optimistic.

Yeah it's done by level 5, but because level-5 usually just get dished out games to developer that get published by the bigger houses (i.e DQ8 with S-E, Layton with Nintendo and Dark cloud with Sony), they don't exactly have brand name recognition on a S-E level.

Personally, I think MS and Nintendo are doing a great job at the moment at addressing issues with their console, I'm hoping Sony will do that soon.

CAL4M1TY said:
I think 10x due to WKC is a bit optimistic.

Yeah it's done by level 5, but because level-5 usually just get dished out games to developer that get published by the bigger houses (i.e DQ8 with S-E, Layton with Nintendo and Dark cloud with Sony), they don't exactly have brand name recognition on a S-E level.

Personally, I think MS and Nintendo are doing a great job at the moment at addressing issues with their console, I'm hoping Sony will do that soon.

In Japan Layton is being published by them, like Inazuma Eleven and the games they presented on their show... Nintendo only publishes Layton outside of Japan...

WKC will be lucky to move 50k PS3s this Christmas.

As for FFXIII - It'd be hard to say that XIII will move 1m consoles when it's unlikely the game is going to sell like older parts of the series have. Look at MGS4: It sold well over 650,000 units of software, but moved under 100,000 consoles. FFXIII if lucky, may sell 3x that. How can it sell a million hardware units then?

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

mrstickball said:
WKC will be lucky to move 50k PS3s this Christmas.

As for FFXIII - It'd be hard to say that XIII will move 1m consoles when it's unlikely the game is going to sell like older parts of the series have. Look at MGS4: It sold well over 650,000 units of software, but moved under 100,000 consoles. FFXIII if lucky, may sell 3x that. How can it sell a million hardware units then?

the older parts moved 1m consoles ?? that was huggggge

FF can do better with a price cut there, the ps3 is still expensive