By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Fable 2 gets a 9.5, Fallout 3 gets a 10 from OXM

ZenfoldorVGI said:
jmoney618 said:
It doesn't really matter what scores those games got I'm still getting both, but I'll probably get Fallout 3 for the PS3.

Why is that, I'm just wondering? Don't be afraid to answer truthfully, I'll protect you.

Ah, if image macros weren't so so last decade.

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

Around the Network

both look amazing, both i have pre-ordered (collectors editions)

i may get fallout for ps3e but wil deffo get fable also on 360, ive jus got ninja gaiden 2 and its a good game

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

I didn't like Ninja Gaiden 2 that much, but it may just be too hard for me.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Skeeuk said:
i may get fallout for ps3e but wil deffo get fable also on 360, ive jus got ninja gaiden 2 and its a good game

Why would u get Fallout 3 on the PS3 when u have a 360??? HELLOOOOOOO Exclusive DLC for the 360!!!1

Around the Network

The PS3 version looks better.

My most anticipated games:  Whatever Hideo Kojima is going to do next, Final Fantasy XIII, Final Fantasy Versus XIII, Gran Turismo 5, Alan Wake, Wii Sports Resort.  Cave Story Wiiware.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqqLMgbtrB8

Paul_Warren said:

LINK???

Paul_Warren said:

Er...wat?

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Paul_Warren said:

It doesn't have the exclusive DLC. Also, I didn't know it looked better. In my experience, the game either looks about equal, or something went horribly wrong on the PS3 version(Orange Box, Madden). I haven't seen a decently developed PS360 game with a significant difference, unless they were developed years apart.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Thinking about it a bit more, I think it is a biased review score in favor of Fable 2 receiving a 9.5. Fallout 3 is undeniably the better game and it is getting exclusive dlc on the 360, so it was safe for them to give Fallout 3 a 10 which it probably deserves since this magazine also gave Halo 3, Bioshock, Gears of War, and Mass Effect 10's and it is every bit as good or better than those games.

However, the question arises when one looks at the review score for Dead Space in comparison to that for Fable 2. They give Fable 2 a 9.5 and Dead Space a 6.5. Other publications have given Dead Space much higher review scores even higher than Fable 2's score of 86 if you convert OXM's 11 point scale to a 100 point scale. So the fact that arises is Dead Space is a better game than Fable 2, and OXM demonstrates their bias by saying it is a 6.5 simply because it doesn't have 360 exclusive content and by all reports is supposed to be better in its PS3 incarnation (However to be fair Dead Space's score could also be an admission on OXM's part that the PS3 version is the best version of Dead Space so without stating that fact they are implying that people should buy the PS3 version of that game).

My most anticipated games:  Whatever Hideo Kojima is going to do next, Final Fantasy XIII, Final Fantasy Versus XIII, Gran Turismo 5, Alan Wake, Wii Sports Resort.  Cave Story Wiiware.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqqLMgbtrB8