By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Bleach:Dark Soul IGN Review. Great!

http://ds.ign.com/articles/918/918312p1.html

IGN Ratings for Bleach: Dark Souls (DS)
Rating Description
out of 10 click here for ratings guide
8.0 Presentation
Very similar to the first game, including English voiceovers, lots of gigantic poster-like art and character portraits, a simple, quick list of modes and options, and decent customization. Nice.
8.5 Graphics
It's more of the same, but the same looks pretty. Impressive 2D animation, great visual effects, and a sleek style.
8.0 Sound
Nearly identical to the original. Great music, VO, and sound effects, but very little change.
8.5 Gameplay
Most of the spamming was removed, making this a stronger fighter overall. It's better than the first, but not by a full half point. Improved, but very similar overall.
8.5 Lasting Appeal
It may not be a repeat purchase for everyone, but it's just a fun, well designed, and addictive as the original. More fighters, and better online; can't complain about that.
Great
OVERALL
(out of 10 / not an average)

Around the Network

good looking game for a ds

I've got it. It rocks. I do recommend. Treasure is the love of my life.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Good score

Bump bishies! It got lost at midnight.=P

Around the Network

Geez, this game sure took a while to come out in english. I've been playing the Japanese version (with english translations, thank you gamefaqs) for a year now.

@Cal4m1ty They might have to had wait for the correct number of episodes in the anime to be dubbed first so some people don't get confused about new characters that haven't aired in the U.S yet. Especially seeing as the English dubs are behind about 100 episodes. Either that or their translation team is slow, because I don't think a fighter would have too much of a story.

sc94597 said:
@Cal4m1ty They might have to had wait for the correct number of episodes in the anime to be dubbed first so some people don't get confused about new characters that haven't aired in the U.S yet. Especially seeing as the English dubs are behind about 100 episodes. Either that or their translation team is slow, because I don't think a fighter would have too much of a story.

There's actually a surprising amount of dialogue in the Bleach games. However, the former is most likely the reason for the delay.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

CAL4M1TY said:
Geez, this game sure took a while to come out in english. I've been playing the Japanese version (with english translations, thank you gamefaqs) for a year now.

So? Is that supposed to be a bad thing?

This is a great game series, personally my favorite DS fighter, much better then anything else on the system.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000