By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I think I'm looking forward to Wii Music :O

I think I'm going to get this. A lot of my friends play instruments, but I can't. Jamming with them isn't as fun. Sure, I can sing, but I'm no vocalist. So, this game let's me create music. Sounds good to me.

Around the Network
noname2200 said:
puffy said:

I was not looking forward to it before today and had my sights set on Guitar Hero World Tour but then I watched this clip, went back and played Guitar Hero III for a while and it just wasn't as fun as what I remembered it as.. It was true that I wasn't making music at all, I was just hitting a couple of buttons at the right time to play a sound and it wasn't in my control at all.. I know that's not the point of Guitar Hero but I think that perhaps Wii Music may be more fun..

Am I crazy in thinking that? Am I the only person to see potential in this game? Also am I the only one who thinks that this deserves to be a full priced game with the amount of thought and attention to detail and almost endless replayability that this game has?

No my friend, you're not the only one. You were just following The Wii Cycle.

In just two weeks, we will reach the final phase, and then we can start this all over again...

BAHAHAHAHA well done *claps*

Oh well.. Next E3 when Nintendo announce the next in the Wii series of games, I'll know to bow down to it being good eventually.

i'm getting this game.

does anyone know on whether or not you can be the conductor in this game?

i tried a conductor simulation at Science world today (my new job:)), and i have to say, it's a lot of fun.

The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask is the best Zelda title ever made.

"The Person Who Got the Closest to Winning the 1st VGC VC Giveaway, but still lost"

*sigh*

Seems like a good idea to be able to play any instrument and how they implemented it, but isn't it hard to get excited about the actual songs? They don't seem that good., of course that's just me.

Around the Network
oxford-gamer said:
i'm getting this game.

does anyone know on whether or not you can be the conductor in this game?

i tried a conductor simulation at Science world today (my new job:)), and i have to say, it's a lot of fun.

It does. The video Puffy posted has a section talking about it towards the end.

Aj_habfan said:
Seems like a good idea to be able to play any instrument and how they implemented it, but isn't it hard to get excited about the actual songs? They don't seem that good., of course that's just me.

The appeal isn't suppose to be the track list but the freedom to improvise and make your own versions of the songs. If you watch the video in the link posted you'll notice the two people taken from the audience start by playing along with the song and then started making up their own sections.

Alright if I can do that where I can do whatever I want for the instrument and create my own songs then yes this game will be awesome. That electric guitar part was awesome.

From 1up:

Wii Music was a big hit at E3 2008 for all of the wrong reasons. People scoffed at the goofy way players waved the Wii Remote around like an instrument and raged at the insinuation that this was a toy that was somehow superior to regular games. In the end, Wii Music wowed only a very few. To be fair, Nintendo barely explained what the game is, and its ear-bleeding jam session during its E3 press conference did more to increase the sale of ear plugs than it did to increase interest in Wii Music. After playing the real thing, though, the memories of that disastrous E3 presentation quickly fade away.

Wii Music 'F-Zero' clip
When you turn on Wii Music for the first time, it introduces you to the four different gestures you'll use to play the 60-plus instruments available. When you get the hang of those, it then introduces you to the game's main draw: playing and improvising music. Forget what you know about music games -- Wii Music isn't about nailing every note and being No. 1 on the plastic-guitar leaderboard. In fact, it's quite the opposite. Wii Music is all about the notes in between. From the very first tutorial, it encourages you to play around by inserting your very own improvisations in between main-note motions, and somehow, like magic (and despite the lack of any detailed control), it comes out sounding good. You go from "third grader playing 'Twinkle Twinkle Little Star'" to "pro jazz player jamming in smoky lounge" with just a couple of extra flicks of the wrist. After you finish your song, it gives you the option to save your performance as a "Wii Music Clip" that then adds multiple camera angles and customizable album art, which can be quite funny when friends are around. You can also save your performance for use in another mix.

Apart from the main performance mode, it has three minigames and a realistic drum mode. For those looking for something more "gamey," the minigames provide the requisite score-getting fix. You have the Orchestra Conductor game shown a few E3s ago (yes, now you, too, can be Miyamoto in a tuxedo), a four-player bell-ringing game, and a mode that gives you a series of questions that test your ability to distinguish sounds and harmonies. The drum mode, tucked away in the corner of the main menu screen, is for people who seriously want to get into drums and just happen to also own a Wii Balance Board. It has drum lessons for people who want to learn the basics and a free drumming mode for vets who just want to drum without bothering their neighbors. The controls are a little more complex than just playing the drums, so even if you do already know how to play them, it has quite a learning curve. The basic gist is that flicking the Wii Remote allows you to hit the drum, pumping the balls of your feet activates the bass drum and the high hat, and pressing buttons on the Wii Remote and Nunchuk allow you to hit the different drums and cymbals in your kit. It's pretty complicated and seems like it will take quite a long time to get the hang of it.

Wii Music 'Drum Training' clip
Wii Music is a different experience than any music game that has come before it. If you let your guard down and play the game without prejudice, you'll be surprised at just how much fun you can have. Wii Music is due to come out October 20 in the United States.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

Yea I read that. Actually shaping up to be good. I mean if you can create your own music that easily then this will be awesome. Screw GH: WT create music mode haha.

I'm just glad they actually kept the conductor part--Miyamoto conducting Zelda INTRODUCED ME to and got me hyped for the Wii!

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."