By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The Official LBP Thread

DMeisterJ said:

Apparently this paper is read by millions of londoners, so it's got to be huge!

Link:  http://www.ps3fanboy.com/2008/10/15/not-even-the-mainstream-press-can-resist-sackboys-charms/

Not even the mainstream press can resist SackBoy's charms

While we've written dozens of articles on LittleBigPlanet since its first reveal at GDC 2007, the game has seen much less attention in the mainstream press. With a week to go until release, however, it seems that SackBoy is starting to pop up around various other, less game-related, media outlets. The Evening Standard, a UK newpaper read by millions of Londoners each day, ran a half-page spread about the game, introducing LittleBigPlanet as the PS3's saving grace this year.

It's refreshing to see the enthusiasm and excitement present in the Evening Standard's article. It's very similar to the sort of thing we were saying after seeing it for the first time all those months ago. With any luck this will be the first of many such articles that will spread SackBoy into the collective mainstream consciousness. Watching the results of LittleBigPlanet's release is going to be interesting, that's for sure.

LBP is Huge!!!

Damn, u've just reminded me about the DOUBLE page colour article on LBP in one of the free London papers last week.
I meant to scan it but forgot and have now thrown it away!

So if anyone has a Metro/London lite/The London paper (can't remember which) from 7th October have a look.

Around the Network

my PSN id's at the signature :)

well i got the game a week earlier than everyone else, so i've already started tinkering with the thing. i hope to have a level ready by the launch :P lol..

but i'm not all that good of a designer. i do hope it meets your standards :P

Apparently the local distributor here in Thailand had a shipment of LBP a few days ago, so yesterday I went to see if I could get hold of one. Unfortunately after visiting four different stores every one was sold out, which was a bit of a bummer. I don't think they ordered very much in the first place though, one store said he only had two copies. Hopefully they'll now order more for next week. On the bright side they all had multiple copies of PES 2009, so I picked a copy of that up instead. The difference is that PES is a well established franchise, and probably the biggest game here, so they ordered a metric ton of that.

With LBP being a new IP I can't blame them for conseratively ordering the first shipment, but I think the next one will be a lot bigger. The guy in one of the stores just laughed and said everyone has been asking for that. I also tried my luck with Valkyria, but it was really way too early for that, as it's still several weeks away (most games aren't available until at least a week before official release), they just had the JP version, which I could have bought many moons ago.

Ok bugrimmar, I editted you in
@playnext: Did you want to join?
@DJ: now all you need is a ps3,

I got my wireless router today since I moved and haven't had a chance to get online with the ps3 for the update and to friend everyone. Expect a friend request online sometime between tonight and tomorrow.

I'm going to friend everyone in just a little bit, i finally got my wireless router working.

btw: i got super stardust hd it's sweet, i'm already at 141 on the bomber level!

in other news: this delay really sucks but I'm all paid up and ready to go so lets shoot for next week....

Around the Network

I managed to get this today at some game store in some swap meet that didn't really seem to care they were selling a recalled game before street date. Could've got Fable 2 if I wanted to but like that's on sale on Tuesday anyways.

!!!

Media Molecule makes levels that are so much better than mine.

So me and the rest of the guys at my GameStop have decided to not tell our boss about the recall. Hopefully he starts selling the game on Tuesday so I can get my copy, lol.

gamestop.com has this game listed to come out 10/28/08-is this the true date for its release in america?

iWillCrushAllWhoDefyMe!                                                                           PN ID- DrivenToExcell -if you want to add me to your friends list tell me where you know me from(vgchartz) www.twitter.com/driventoexcell

At the moment, the 28th is the current release date for NA.

man i really need to get me a connection at gamestop. mm, what would you say is the best way to infiltrate since i'm sure a lot of people try and get rejected.