By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The Official LBP Thread

Anyone happen to know how you would make a contraption that would only work if two buttons were pressed at the same time? I can think of how to make it so that both would have to be pressed at some point, but I'm lost on how to make it so both buttons have to be pressed at once for the object to work.

Around the Network
Torillian said:
Anyone happen to know how you would make a contraption that would only work if two buttons were pressed at the same time? I can think of how to make it so that both would have to be pressed at some point, but I'm lost on how to make it so both buttons have to be pressed at once for the object to work.

there are numerous ways to do it.  This is a fairly simple way but might not work depending on your context.

Both pistons have to be fully extended at the same time to reach the button/magnetic switch/etc.

To see this in action look just below the floor of the coop section of the third level (by the ghosts)

oh dur....a piston on top of a piston....that's a way better idea.....I used two rockets that were fighting against a spring. That's far more controllable though.

Torillian said:
oh dur....a piston on top of a piston....that's a way better idea.....I used two rockets that were fighting against a spring. That's far more controllable though.

So how's your level doing, close to completion.

Ever so slowly.....had to make up a couple contraption concepts to get what I wanted to do. The end goal is a firefighter level where you drive a fire truck to the building, extend the latter to get in, extinguish fires using a fire hose that requires one person to hold the nozzle and another to shoot it, furniture that can be destroyed by the fire hose as well and will cost you potential points, a person to save, and a jump from the top of the building on to a safety sponge because if you miss it the person blows up and you again miss out on potential points.

Around the Network

well all I have left to do is some cosmetic stuff, so I was wondering if you guys had any idea for the name of a firefighting level that clearly shows that it requires two people to play. All I had was "2 player firefighter lvl".

Torillian said:
well all I have left to do is some cosmetic stuff, so I was wondering if you guys had any idea for the name of a firefighting level that clearly shows that it requires two people to play. All I had was "2 player firefighter lvl".

"Firefighter Despair: Two Lifes on the line". Name is very important, it can make your level really popular, if you choose a good name.

lol...I like the name....but now I'm not sure the level would live up to it :P

Torillian said:
lol...I like the name....but now I'm not sure the level would live up to it :P

If It's difficult, you may have less people playing it. I decided to make two version of my level easy and hard. Because i'm really doubting that the noobs could beat my next evel.

plz add me too
psn damslant