By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Sarah Palin abused power ...

madskillz said:
MrBubbles said:
The Ghost of RubangB said:
MrBubbles, the panel voted UANIMOUSLY to adopt this report. And it has more Republicans than Democrats.

do you have a link? (no liberal blogs as your sources this time please) since they couldnt even agree to release the report i have a hard time believing they agreed on the investigation

The bipartisan Legislative Council, which commissioned the investigation after Monegan was fired, unanimously adopted the 263-page public report after a marathon executive session Friday.

Source: http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/10/11/palin.investigation/index.html

Alaskan Statutes:

AS Title 39 Chapter 52 § 310. Complaints.
(c.) If a complaint alleges a violation of AS 39.52.110 - 39.52.190 by the governor, lieutenant governor, or the attorney general, the matter shall be referred to the personnel board. The personnel board shall return a complaint concerning the conduct of the governor or lieutenant governor who is a candidate for election to state office as provided in (j) of this section if the complaint is initiated during a campaign period. The personnel board shall retain independent counsel who shall act in the place of the attorney general under (d) - (i) of this section, AS 39.52.320 - 39.52.350, and 39.52.360(c.) and (d). Notwithstanding AS 36.30.015 (d), the personnel board may contract for or hire independent counsel under this subsection without notifying or securing the approval of the Department of Law.

Copied from another thread I posted this in. 

Please note that the legilsature is using statute 39.52.110 & 120 as the basis of their investigation, which they clearly don't have authority to investigate.

Also note that if you actually read the report it concludes that she didn't violate the law.  This is what happens when gotcha politics is at work.  Their conclusion was that they think the Wooten issue was a part of her reason for firing him (no proof of this in the slightest btw) but they conceded that she had legitimate reasons as well.

To Each Man, Responsibility
Around the Network
halogamer1989 said:
madskillz said:
masterb8tr said:
God i hope you americans dont vote for MacCain

LOL - nah, most folks I know aren't fooled by the Christian right's attempt or GOP's scare tactics. Why would I vote for a party that's got it wrong for 8 years? What can they possibly do that they didn't do 8 years ago? I am better off than I was 8 years ago, but I had to move around to achieve it. Nope, this is one brother they aren't fooling - and I am not alone.

McCain has disagreed with Bush on climate change, the war strategy, immigration, green initiatives, bi-partisan legislation, etc. McSame is a LAME strategy.

Oh, ok - but didn't McCain agree with Bush 90 percent of the time on everything else? Seriously - I am still trying to figure out how McCain differs from Bush. Everything I read - yeah, I work for a paper and see tons of articles, plus reports by ABC, CBS, NBC, BBC and Reuters - points to an extension of Bush. After 8 years of this crap, 8 is enough.

I will admit - I was contemplating voting for McCain in 2000, when Bush swiftboated him. Now? The 2000 McCain is a hollow shell of the 2008 version. I would call this new McCain a downgrade of sorts.

madskillz said:
halogamer1989 said:
madskillz said:
masterb8tr said:

LOL - nah, most folks I know aren't fooled by the Christian right's attempt or GOP's scare tactics. Why would I vote for a party that's got it wrong for 8 years? What can they possibly do that they didn't do 8 years ago? I am better off than I was 8 years ago, but I had to move around to achieve it. Nope, this is one brother they aren't fooling - and I am not alone.

McCain has disagreed with Bush on climate change, the war strategy, immigration, green initiatives, bi-partisan legislation, etc. McSame is a LAME strategy.

Oh, ok - but didn't McCain agree with Bush 90 percent of the time on everything else? Seriously - I am still trying to figure out how McCain differs from Bush. Everything I read - yeah, I work for a paper and see tons of articles, plus reports by ABC, CBS, NBC, BBC and Reuters - points to an extension of Bush. After 8 years of this crap, 8 is enough.

I will admit - I was contemplating voting for McCain in 2000, when Bush swiftboated him. Now? The 2000 McCain is a hollow shell of the 2008 version. I would call this new McCain a downgrade of sorts.

I liked the 2000 McCain too.  With 2008 approaching McCain saw this as his last chance and is doing whatever he can to get elected.  As the Republican primaries approached, he went from voting with Bush 50% if the time to voting with him 90%.  He's taken every erratic gamble he can to be president, from picking Palin as VP to the bailout debacle where he did a 360 on his past economic beliefs.

ManusJustus said:
madskillz said:
halogamer1989 said:
madskillz said:
masterb8tr said:

I liked the 2000 McCain too.  With 2008 approaching McCain saw this as his last chance and is doing whatever he can to get elected.  As the Republican primaries approached, he went from voting with Bush 50% if the time to voting with him 90%.  He's taken every erratic gamble he can to be president, from picking Palin as VP to the bailout debacle where he did a 360 on his past economic beliefs.

Obama voted with party 97% of the time.

Sqrl said:
madskillz said:
MrBubbles said:
MrBubbles, the panel voted UANIMOUSLY to adopt this report. And it has more Republicans than Democrats.

do you have a link? (no liberal blogs as your sources this time please) since they couldnt even agree to release the report i have a hard time believing they agreed on the investigation

The bipartisan Legislative Council, which commissioned the investigation after Monegan was fired, unanimously adopted the 263-page public report after a marathon executive session Friday.

Alaskan Statutes:

(c.) If a complaint alleges a violation of AS 39.52.110 - 39.52.190 by the governor, lieutenant governor, or the attorney general, the matter shall be referred to the personnel board. The personnel board shall return a complaint concerning the conduct of the governor or lieutenant governor who is a candidate for election to state office as provided in (j) of this section if the complaint is initiated during a campaign period. The personnel board shall retain independent counsel who shall act in the place of the attorney general under (d) - (i) of this section, AS 39.52.320 - 39.52.350, and 39.52.360(c.) and (d). Notwithstanding AS 36.30.015 (d), the personnel board may contract for or hire independent counsel under this subsection without notifying or securing the approval of the Department of Law.

Please note that the legilsature is using statute 39.52.110(a), which they clearly don't have authority to decide.

Also note that if you actually read the report it concludes that she didn't violate the law. This is what happens when gotcha politics is at work. Their conclusion was that they think the Wooten issue was a part of her reason for firing him (no proof of this in the slightest btw) but they conceded that she had legitimate reasons as well.

And that's what the Personnel Board is doing. More than likely, she'll be let off because 2 of the 3 folks on the board are loyal to her.

Now, the state paid Branchflower $100,000 to investigate her and find out if she abused power. With the blessing of a largely GOP board, he found she did abuse her power and used the governorship to settle a personal matter. That alone disqualifies her from being a VP. Say a country disses her - and she persuades Congress to make the country a parking lot. No, we've already had one clown in office who wanted to settle a personal score (Saddam tried to kill my daddy!) - we don't need a second.

The damage is duly noted. She could have stopped all this by cooperating. And when the Personnel board releases its findings, it still won't overshadow this damaging report.

Around the Network
madskillz said:
Sqrl said:
madskillz said:
MrBubbles said:

Alaskan Statutes:

Please note that the legilsature is using statute 39.52.110(a), which they clearly don't have authority to decide.

Also note that if you actually read the report it concludes that she didn't violate the law. This is what happens when gotcha politics is at work. Their conclusion was that they think the Wooten issue was a part of her reason for firing him (no proof of this in the slightest btw) but they conceded that she had legitimate reasons as well.

And that's what the Personnel Board is doing. More than likely, she'll be let off because 2 of the 3 folks on the board are loyal to her.

Now, the state paid Branchflower $100,000 to investigate her and find out if she abused power. With the blessing of a largely GOP board, he found she did abuse her power and used the governorship to settle a personal matter. That alone disqualifies her from being a VP. Say a country disses her - and she persuades Congress to make the country a parking lot. No, we've already had one clown in office who wanted to settle a personal score (Saddam tried to kill my daddy!) - we don't need a second.

The damage is duly noted. She could have stopped all this by cooperating. And when the Personnel board releases its findings, it still won't overshadow this damaging report.

An Illegal investigation doesn't disqualify anybody from anything.  It's called Due process.  We have it for a reason.

Heck you can bomb the pentagon and if your due process rights are violated get away scott free... and can do anything.  Even become a teacher in a government run school.

madskillz said:
halogamer1989 said:
madskillz said:
masterb8tr said:

He disagreed with Bush on how to work the war in Iraq... eventually after winning him over to McCain's plans iraq got better.

Called for watching the bank problems since 05 when Bush didn't want to.

Against Terrorism.

Belives in Global Warming.

Against some parts of the patriot act for treading on civil libreties

For campaign finance reform

Kasz216 said:
madskillz said:
Sqrl said:
madskillz said:
MrBubbles said:

Alaskan Statutes:

An Illegal investigation doesn't disqualify anybody from anything. It's called Due process. We have it for a reason.

Heck you can bomb the pentagon and if your due process rights are violated get away scott free... and can do anything. Even become a teacher in a government run school.

How is it illegal when the state lawmakers are the ones who ordered, and even the Gov. said she would cooperate? The report noted she wasn't subpoenaed because she said she would cooperate.

You can slice it any way you want to, Kasz, but she did abuse power. The state wanted to know if she did and guess what? She did. As stated, the Personnel Board will slap her on the wrist but the findings are out there and could deal a hard blow to the campaign.

Oh, the Obama-Ayers ties. I really expected more out of you than resorting to that. You and others make it seems like he's hanging around with Rezko, with Ayers and even Farrakahn and that's not the case. Resort to personal attacks - and don't focus on how bad the economy is, how more folks will lose access to health care under McCain and truthfully, standing by and letting folks scream 'Kill him' or 'Terrorist!' at his rallies. Yeah, that's the kind of camp I would support.

I'd be ashamed to be associated with that garbage.

Interesting about Ayers - Internal reviews by The New York Times, The Washington Post, Time magazine, The Chicago Sun-Times, The New Yorker and The New Republic "have said that their reporting doesn't support the idea that Obama and Ayers had a close relationship." So, what are you talking about? Do you have personal information that ties him and Obama? So they lived in the same 'hood - so they were the same board. My heavens! I went to school and graduated with a guy that had a dead body in his trunk. Does that make me friends with a murderer? According to your standards, yeah.

I could see if Obama was running around, planting bombs when he was 8, but he's not.

Is that the best the GOP can do? McCain showed his awesome leadership when he said he's suspend his campaign and still ran thousands of attack ads. He showed his leadership when he didn't stop folks from shouting incorrect propaganda at his rallies, nor stopped his running mate from doing the same thing.

The Straight-Talk Express is taking the valley pass to the White House. Hate to tell them the bridge is out.

Maybe in 2012. And going 100 percent negative to win it?

I hope you use your head and make your vote count, Kas.

Kasz216 said:
madskillz said:
halogamer1989 said:
madskillz said:
masterb8tr said:

He disagreed with Bush on how to work the war in Iraq... eventually after winning him over to McCain's plans iraq got better.

Called for watching the bank problems since 05 when Bush didn't want to.

Against Terrorism.

Belives in Global Warming.

Against some parts of the patriot act for treading on civil libreties

For campaign finance reform

Iraq is better? Didn't Petraeus say repeatedly that progress in Iraq remains fragile and tenuous.

So, you truthfully think he's the best choice for our country? Why isn't he touting how much he can offer the country instead of focusing on negatives? Maybe I am seeing something completely different than you are, but in debates, all I see is attack, attack, attack from McCain.

Zogby could right - he predicted it would be close until the election, and end in a landslide. We'll see.

What about Obama and Saul Alinsky? He was affiliated with him and Saul stated that people should "give credit to the original radical who at least earned his own kingdom -Lucifer." Talk about bad associations!