By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Has the momentum shifted?

Well, considering nobody thought the 360 would ever outsell the PS3 again(I certainly didn't) a few months ago, the 360 sure as hell as put up a fight. It might be too little too late, but 360 sure didn't drop to 3rd without a fight, that's for sure.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Around the Network

I remember when McCain was leading in polls for a week or two because of Sarah Palin and dozens of people were claiming that he would win come election day. A momentary boost won't last the rest of the year. By the way, is it just me, or are all of these "Pro 360, Anti-PS3" threads from generally the same people?

I fear momentum has shifted. Sony either cut the price, take the hit and finish second, or keep it where it is, maybe break even and finish third

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

MontanaHatchet said:
I remember when McCain was leading in polls for a week or two because of Sarah Palin and dozens of people were claiming that he would win come election day. A momentary boost won't last the rest of the year. By the way, is it just me, or are all of these "Pro 360, Anti-PS3" threads from generally the same people?

You are right.....but it goes the same in regards to Anti-360 threads!

Ail said:

...and 90% of the population still links Blu-Ray to the PS3...

That is just not true.  A few people might consider the PS3 as their Blu-Ray player of choice (or good value as it does more than just Blu-Ray), but none of them "link" the two brands together.  My goodness, you just suggested a movie would be a system mover?

the2bears - the indie shmup blog
Around the Network
the2bears said:

Ail said:

...and 90% of the population still links Blu-Ray to the PS3...

That is just not true.  A few people might consider the PS3 as their Blu-Ray player of choice (or good value as it does more than just Blu-Ray), but none of them "link" the two brands together.  My goodness, you just suggested a movie would be a system mover?

I actually agree with Ail in this instance. PS3 and Blu-Ray are still linked in a lot of people's eyes, including mine. I'm thinking of getting a PS3 once again just for Blu-Ray. LBP, tbh, doesn't interest me, but I'd love to see Iron Man in 1080p, lol.

It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

From the looks of it Sony will finish 4th.

There never was much of a momentum. The difference in sales between the 2 have been too small to REALLY change anything. Especially against the Wii.

I still think Sony might pull out and outsell the 360 eeventually, but the 360's performance right now doesn't make that seem likely.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

Blue Ray adoption is being slowed by the sluggish global economy. PS3 should be doing better than the XBox 360, but XBox has the price, the games, and the right timing.