By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Could One of the New IPs from Team Ico be a Shadow of the Collosus sequel?

Roma said:
noslodecoy said:

Then it wouldn't be a new IP... it would be a sequel :P

Edit: IP stands for Intellectual Property.  A new IP would be an original idea.  For example, Little Big Plannet is a new IP.

lol that’s right… but SOTC was called “sequel” to Ico yet it was a new IP :P  

It's considered a spiritual successor, Akin with Bioshock from Systemshock and Halo from Marathon.

Around the Network

Well, I can see quite a few people corrected you in here. Since ICO never really did a sequal, I think it's a safe bet that their next game will be a new IP... but then again, they've only done 2 games so far....

4 ≈ One

twesterm said:
Roma said:
noslodecoy said:

Edit: IP stands for Intellectual Property.  A new IP would be an original idea.  For example, Little Big Plannet is a new IP.

That's because they meant to say successor.

I think is more a mix between successor and a prequel, but, this days, who knows...

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."
FJ-Warez said:
twesterm said:
Roma said:
noslodecoy said:

I think is more a mix between successor and a prequel, but, this days, who knows...

witch makes it a psequel? :P

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Seriously doubt it since they said a new IP.

End of '08 predictions (made by theprof00): PS3: 20m, 360: 23.5m, wii: 42m

Now Playin':  PS3|Resistance 2, LBP, Uncharted and Fifa 09, PSP| Ratchet and Clank: Size matters, 360| Gears of war 2 and Fallout 3.

Around the Network

shadow of the collosus 2 would be ideal

• huge stunning free roaming landscapes taking full advantage of cell and bluray
  • twice as many monsters to fight
  • upgradable wepons
  • different selections of horses
  • downloadable quests and new monsters
  • online 2 player co-op taking enemies down as a team, sod it make that 4 player co-op

if only!

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Skeeuk said:

• huge stunning free roaming landscapes taking full advantage of cell and bluray
  • upgradable wepons
  • online 2 player co-op taking enemies down as a team, sod it make that 4 player co-op

if only!

No

Shadow of the Colossus 2 would not be ideal. Especially with any of those things you said.

A remake for the PS3, with the coding done by another studio? Fine, I could handle that.

A sequel? No. Get out. Get out and play the game and wonder where you went wrong.

A new IP from these guys is what would be ideal, annd it's what we're actually going to get. Don't ask for the sequel when the reality is already sublime.

Skeeuk said:

• upgradable wepons

if only!

This sounds more like Shadow of the Colossus and Monster Hunter have a baby together. Almost every feature you mentioned is exactly the kinds of things Team ICO was avoiding when making the game in the first place.

I'm not very worried. I'll play whatever they throw at me, sequel or new IP, but I would greatly prefer they not walk allo ver the same ground again, and instead continue to tell the story of the world both of these games took place in.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Roma said:
FJ-Warez said:
twesterm said:
Roma said:
noslodecoy said:

LOL

Check out my game about moles ^

Staude said:
Roma said:
FJ-Warez said:
twesterm said:
Roma said:
noslodecoy said:

LOL

Yes it’s the new word for what comes in between ;)

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(