By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - My top 10 most anticipated games

Well the horizon seems pretty amazingly good, and I guess I won't be disappointed by any means. Here are my top 10 most anticipated titles amongst those already announced and in progress:

#1 is at the bottom!

10.) Final Fantasy 13/Versus 13 - I simply consider these games to be as one, and I've already become rather jaded by the Final Fantasy storyline/characters, and hence its only #10 on this list.

9.) White Knight Chronicles - The idea is very intriguing, and if Level 5 pull it out (which they normally do), it'll be sweet...

8.) Valkyria Chronicles - Cell shaded moving canvass. The most amazing graphics I have ever seen.

7.) Heavy Rain - Finally, a game where the consequences of your wrong choices do NOT stop the gameplay! (if we can believe the devs.)

6.) Fallout 3 - Nuclear winter = win. I believe that this is going to take a lot of people on a wild ride.

5.) LittleBigPlanet - Played the beta, salivated for more. BUT PLEASE MAKE THIS THING SUPPORT 1080i!

4.) Whatever the hell Team ICO is making - Speaks for itself.

3.) God of War 3 - The anger i experience in all of my daily life is all due to that bastard Zeus. But i fear not, for me and my buddy Kratos will soon whoop his ass out of mythology!

2.) Gran Turismo 5 - Well this has always been what I wanted for years, nothing new here, except I saw something in TGS that made me bump my all time favorite series down to second place....

1.) YAKUZA 3 - OMFG this thing has been building in my blood for so long, and it has finally culminated in the TGS showing. There's no other thing I want more than to kick innocent Japanese citizen ass for no real reason using my kickass martial arts and intimidatingly colorful tattoos! I just hope it doesn't take till 2010 to release.. that's gonna suck.

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/41289.html <--YAKUZA 3 awesomenesss. do yourselves a favor and watch it! and take note that this was taken using some dude's handycam, yet the quality is still amazing!

Around the Network

PS3 fanboy!

My top 3 of upcoming games Resistance 2, God of War 3 and Killzone 2. These are the most important titles I am eagerly following. 100% certain 1st day buys for me!

I am not much of a Japanese-style RPG gamer, but the White Knight Chronicles looks very appealing to me somehow. I may get Motorstorm 2 and LittleBigPlanet if these games meet my expectations, keeping an eye on WarDevil, Ape Escape 4, Ghostbusters and Infamous as well.

I also look forward to what TeamICO has in store for us!

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

MikeB said:

PS3 fanboy!

My top 3 of upcoming games Resistance 2, God of War 3 and Killzone 2. These are the most important titles I am eagerly following. 100% certain 1st day buys for me!

I am not much of a Japanese-style RPG gamer, but the White Knight Chronicles looks very appealing to me somehow. I may get Motorstorm 2 and LittleBigPlanet if these games meet my expectations, keeping an eye on WarDevil, Ape Escape 4, Ghostbusters and Infamous as well.

I also look forward to what TeamICO has in store for us!

er., the only console i own this gen is PS3 so i only anticipate PS3 games :P

and how come you don't want YAKUZA 3?? watch the video link and be overwhelmed!

@ bugrimmar

and how come you don't want YAKUZA 3?? watch the video link and be overwhelmed!

Looks slick with pretty Japanese girls , but I am not sure if that would be my style of game. Maybe a good demo could change my mind.

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

as long as i get resistance 2, i'll be happy

Around the Network

well the ones i will be getting this year are..................... socom - resistance 2 - lbp - valkyre chronicles - white knight - motorstorm 2................. tip top games in almost every genre

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

My top 10 most anticipated games:

10 - Sadness
9 - Sin & Punishment 2
8 - Chrono Trigger
7 - The Conduit
6 - Disiaster: Day Of Crisis
5 - Starcraft II
4 - Mario & Luigi 3
3 - No More Heroes 2: Desperate Struggle
2 - Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3
1 - Resident Evil 5

ahahah yayy Yakuza 3 is on my list to, hmm FFXIII, FFvXIII, RE5, R2, GOW3, KZ2 (that 4 player co-op better be crazy), Socom, WKC, SSF2THDR :P

bugrimmar said:

10.) Final Fantasy 13/Versus 13 - I simply consider these games to be as one, and I've already become rather jaded by the Final Fantasy storyline/characters, and hence its only #10 on this list.

You may consider them one game, but Gamestop won't! Unless theres some deal on buying both, then you'll be paying for the price of 2 games!!

I may as well do a top 10 most wanted PS3 exclusive games:

10. I'll use 10th spot for 2 unannounced games I really want. Getaway 3 and Driver 5!!! I'd love to see one, or both of these.

9. God of War 3 - I never played the first 2, thats why its low on my list. But i'll have to try it.

8. Twisted Metal PS3 - Should be great

7. LA Noire - PS3 exclusive Rockstar game! Should be great. not much info yet

6. Heavy Rain - Looks Interesting

5. Little Big Planet - Its not really for me, but i'll be glad when it comes out. Will make a lot of PS3 gamers happy!

4. SOCOM Confrontation - Its out in 4 days, it looks amazing!!

3. Resistance 2 - The first one was awesome! and #2 is just in November! I can't wait

2. Killzone 2 - Will be a Vast improvement on the original

1. Gran Turismo 5 - Will be GOTY 2009

bugrimmar said:

You may consider them one game, but Gamestop won't! Unless theres some deal on buying both, then you'll be paying for the price of 2 games!!

I may as well do a top 10 most wanted PS3 exclusive games:

10. I'll use 10th spot for 2 unannounced games I really want. Getaway 3 and Driver 5!!! I'd love to see one, or both of these. And if your saying to yourself Getaway 3 has been announced, it was cancelled a while ago. I want it to be Re-announced.

9. God of War 3 - I never played the first 2, thats why its low on my list. But i'll have to try it.

8. Twisted Metal PS3 - Should be great

7. LA Noire - PS3 exclusive Rockstar game! Should be great. not much info yet

6. Heavy Rain - Looks Interesting

5. Little Big Planet - Its not really for me, but i'll be glad when it comes out. Will make a lot of PS3 gamers happy!

4. SOCOM Confrontation - Its out in 4 days, it looks amazing!!

3. Resistance 2 - The first one was awesome! and #2 is just in November! I can't wait

2. Killzone 2 - Will be a Vast improvement on the original

1. Gran Turismo 5 - Will be GOTY 2009