By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Is October 08 the worst month for Wii releases in America?

I remember I got my Wii like maybe the January after its launch and I didn't get a second game until Fire Emblem came out the next October or something, so I'm pretty sure there had to be worse months than this.

Around the Network
trestres said:
@Onyxmeth: So what do you think about the post I made, smart one. It's the first time I ever talked about this. What was your point?

And what do you mean about my story getting old? Get me a link where I ever said that sales of the good games would be affected by the huge amount of crappy titles. Come on you are a mod, that would be considered trolling if you can't. You know well how to behave I assume (might be wrong).

I didn't get the chicken little part though. Didnt watch the movie if it has something to do with it.

The story I'm speaking of is your constant pessimism involving the Wii, which culminates in your doom and gloom posts. Chicken Little is a story about a chicken that had an acorn fall from a tree onto his head and thought the sky was falling. Try and make the connection.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

onyx, i'm crying, i'm laughing so hard. the way you said that was hilarious. Not ^ but the other one.

I'm not being doom and gloom this time -.-

I'm just worried about game like de Blob, Samba de Amigo and others not selling as well as deserved because of the overdiversity consisting in mostly crap. Why couldn't Nintendo make a quality control for games that are going to be released on their systems?

I get the connection, and it may apply to me, but not this time.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

There's a reason for everything trestres.
You know, although you get upset at others who, er hem, lack an affinity for the wii, this you know understand is one of the main problems we have with the system. We also are afraid that this kind of thing may be the future of gaming.

then again, wii does still have some very very decent games.

Around the Network

@theprof: I dont get mad at people who dislike the Wii, but at trolls that like to talk crap about it.

You won't see me go around bashing consoles, I mostly bash devs. So take your own advice and stop with the trolling :)

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

:P honestly some of us try as hard as we can to say things in a peaceful manner. We aren't the majority, but we get colored by those outbursts that do occur every so often.

This is a very valid concern that some of us, maybe even the trolls too, feel threatened by.

Like I said, wii has some amazing games, and there are definitely hc gamers on it that know to pick up the titles like de blob. How much a niche title like that (but not only that) sells might actually be a pretty accurate depiction of how many core gamers are actually on the wii. But, that's making things simple.

In fact, I think the boxart may be working against it's favor, because it comes off as shovelware.

Bad month? I see alot of Million seller on that list, but what do you expect? Wi is the first system that targets everyone between age 1-100+ so no wonder there is so much shovelvare.

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints