By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Monster Hunter 3's HUGE line at TGS :O

Are you watching kber? I'm going to win this bet!

Around the Network

@Benga: Easily, the game could sell more than a million on its first week. If you visit the Capcom's forums you will find out that Sven is telling people not to expect this game for at least 1 - 2 more years. So if this indeed comes in 2010, Wii will have a huge userbase by then, probably 12 million in Japan or even more. I'd say close to 2 million 1st month.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

Sven is a cool guy, but talking to him you realize just how vested in risk management over localization and quality Capcom is when it comes to other games.

Onimusha12 said:
playnext3 said:
i hpe its planned for the psp cuz is gonna sell huge

Sorry, there's no way a game with graphics like this could work on the PSP. This is Nintendo's and I'm willing to bet it will be huge. This was a big loss for Sony for the Wii to get this.

It's still coming to the PSP.  You do know that MHF and MHF2 and MHF2G are all ports from the PS2 version of the game right?

MHF = MH

MHF 2 = MH2

MHF 2g = MHG

So we will be seeing a MH3 port on PSP too.  Obviously it will look worse, but there's no way they'd abandon 6 million ppl for no reason.

Game is looking good ,and Japanese gamers love it, it will sell amazingly when it's eventually released.

About PSP version, i dont think it will happen, but it would be good because good games should be available to more and more people.

Around the Network

What if it sees a DS version? As for the PSP... I'm not sure, it depends on hindsight, from what I've read most ports that have run on Wii from the PS2 were being emulated mainly because of the difference in architecture, it would depend only how similar to the PS2 the PSP is, maybe that way was easier or maybe it's the same.

I'd much rather see a completely seperate game developed on the PSP based on MH3 than a strict port anyway.. but that's my stand for all the platforms..

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

Also the difference isn't in graphics, it wouldn normally be in gameplay and controlls, but if it supports the classic controller then you could be correct and there are no Wii specific gameplayer or control elements.

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

Wii version only I think, the PSP might just a spin-off MH game.

Onimusha12 said:

Just like MHP, MHP2, and MHP2G was.

They were all spin-offs from the main game. 

Again, there's no way Capcom would abandon PSP owners, and as was previously discussed, there's a very weak likelihood of Monster Hunter on DS in any resemblence to the PSP/2/Wii versions.  It'd have to be wholly different.

DMeisterJ said:
Onimusha12 said:

Just like MHP, MHP2, and MHP2G was.

They were all spin-offs from the main game. 

Again, there's no way Capcom would abandon PSP owners, and as was previously discussed, there's a very weak likelihood of Monster Hunter on DS in any resemblence to the PSP/2/Wii versions.  It'd have to be wholly different.

Yeah, and maybe Capcom will also put RE5 on the Wii. It'll be the exact same game right?