By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Lucasarts : Fracture "is definitely a Gears quality game"

Fracture "is definitely a Gears quality game"

And terrain deformation isn't a gimmick, says Lucasarts

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/

Lucasarts' terrain-deforming shooter Fracture - which is in the shops today - is definitely competition for genre big boys Gears of War and Resistance 2, the developer told CVG.

Speaking to us in a recent interview, Lucasarts producer Shara Miller said that players going back to other shooters after Fracture will miss terrain deformation, which is apparently proof that the feature isn't a gimmick.

"When we've done focus groups people have said, 'This is definitely a Gears quality game' and 'Why can't I have terrain deformation in Halo?'," she said, "so it's great to be compared to those really well loved games.

"For a new IP I think that we've done a great job of evoking in people's minds that it's a game of that calibre."

According to Miller it was important to Lucasarts to get Fracture out before the Christmas onslaught. "That was very important to us," she said.

"It's very risky for people to take a chance on a new IP and so we wanted to get out there and be unique at a time when people could focus on our game."

----------------------------------------

^i think its a decent ip and mabey sell respectfully, after trying a demo i thought it wasnt to bad, its out today in the uk but its not one of them titles i usually purchase at full price.

the deformation was good and it has ace grafix, fracture grafix is what mass effect should have been.

is this game on your radar, and is it fair to say its a gears quality game or even resistance 2 quality? i say NO but its still a good ip to launch.

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Around the Network

Yea I played the demo and I didn't think it was bad just not groundbreaking (no pun intended). Its definitly not a Gears or Resistance quality game but its a respectable game that could sell decently. I don't think, at least from my experience with the demo, that the game is as bad as the 5.9 IGN gave it.

Consoles Owned: Sega Genesis, NES, PS2 (RIP) N64, Xbox, Xbox 360, PS3, Wii

"In individuals, insanity is rare; but in groups, parties, nations, and epochs it is rule."

~ Friedrich Nietzsche

too many FPS already so there's just no room for a mediocre one

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

Pristine20 said:

Its not an FPS.

Also no way is it Gears quality not even Resistance quality. 

All I can say is lol

I miss the good days of Lucasarts :(

Completed X360:
High Def Movie Collection
Around the Network

I don't like lucas arts videogame , the only I liked was the one of racing for n64

F.U. Fun University.

i tried the demo too, well its ok. there isnt any real flaws in the game. Remember the good old days when games that had no flaws were the best games?. maybe we are just spoilt for choice and deem this game a medium/mediocre because it doesnt stand out enough.

I might buy it when its cheaper, but there are far better games coming out soon that take priority in my books.

Owner of PS3, Wii, Xbox360, NDS, PSP - Feel Free to add me on PSN or XBL :)

selnor said:
Pristine20 said:

Its not an FPS.

Also no way is it Gears quality not even Resistance quality. 

nice lol

Pristine20 said:

Isn't this a TPS?

Anyway, @Lucasarts

LOLOL

No you didn't!!!!

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

"Gears quality"?

You mean an 8/10 or 8.5/10? Or overblown graphics-whore, no-other-games-out-at-the-time ratings upon release of 10+/10?

Which one is he referring to?

Can't we all just get along and play our games in peace?