By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - THATS IT, i am selling my wii.

TruckOSaurus said:
GLoRySoGLoRy said:
with 0.35 sales, thats not good.
Im buying an HD console when Resident Evil 5 arrives. probably a 360.

That's not good for a Mario or a Halo, it's good for a Suda game. You have to relate sales with development costs to figure out if it's successful.

with the wii usebase over 30 mil wouldnt NMH sell atleast 1million? like i was saying its an awesome game, but most Wii owners would rather buy mini games like carnival games.

Around the Network

Okay, so you liked what the HD consoles have to offer more than the Wii's. Still, "focused in games like wii music, wii fit" is BS. Nintendo alone has shown quite a few games they're publishing during the conference: Spawn Smasher, Another Code: R, Gateway of Memory, Cosmic Walker, Line Attack Heroes, Punch Out, Dynamic Slash, Kensax, Tact of Magic, Sin & Punishment 2... Throw in third parties like Marvelous into the mix, and you've got a core lineup. It may not be to your tastes, but constanly hearing how they're "focused on casual crap and cooking games" is tiring.

I know money is an issue, so you cannot simply have all the consoles to get the games you want. However, if Japanese games are in your interest, you may end up doing something you'll regret. The 360's exclusive lineup does not include that many Japanese games (not nearly as many as the Wii will have), and if the games in your profile are any indication of your gaming preference, I think you're better off keeping the Wii. Smaller Japanese titles like BoF, Grandia, Persona are the types of games that are likely making its way to the Wii.

Of course it's all up to you, selling consoles just isn't my thing though.

@GLoRySoGLoRy: That's irrelevant. Do you forget how poorly games like Okami or Viewtiful Joe sold on a 100mil+ userbase? Niche titles won't sell well regardless of how big the userbase is.

Ike said:

I sold my wii too and bought a 60 gb Xbox for just 200$. I really recommend an Xbox with PGR 4. I really enjoy the game.

200$ ebay?, i am abit scare of ebay due warranty, or anywhere else i can find a good, deal?

@c0rd, i didn't want to phrase it was, game I know or care, but certainly i don't know much about those games even if they are core titles, they maybe good, but i seen third party game just as good and with better graphics.

some may call me a graphic wore, but i really enjoy paying for a good made game

i found HD third parties more exciting that  nintendo first party.

darthdevidem01 said:
I've had enough to....God Knows when core games are coming....God Knows when devs are getting on board.

Microsoft has put forward enough incentives for me now.

Seriously? There is a surge of awesome looking games coming. It's kind of crazy that with the amount of announcments that are being made for new core Wii games that people are still thinking like this.

Look to the future and you will be very happy.

Just kiss the tip.

GLoRySoGLoRy said:
TruckOSaurus said:
GLoRySoGLoRy said:
with 0.35 sales, thats not good.
Im buying an HD console when Resident Evil 5 arrives. probably a 360.

That's not good for a Mario or a Halo, it's good for a Suda game. You have to relate sales with development costs to figure out if it's successful.

with the wii usebase over 30 mil wouldnt NMH sell atleast 1million? like i was saying its an awesome game, but most Wii owners would rather buy mini games like carnival games.

wouldn't okami with a 120 million userbase, high reviews, game of the year etc get better too?  It basically sold the same amount as NMH.  It doesn't work that way, niche is niche no matter how big the userbase gets.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

Around the Network

eBay is the right place for this!!

*LoL, i'm planning to get a second one, cause one is not enough for 3-4 users in one house!!

Wii console: 0595 8808 5698 2709
Super Smash Bros Brawl: 1161 1357 5188

Mario Kart Wii: 1633 4506 4319

PES 2008: 1633 5820 0347

DragonBall Z BT 3: 3823 9760 9484

Pokemon Battle Revolution: 3480 2645 9186
Feel free to add me, and sent me a pm with your Friend Code!!

o.o...did he say...focused on casual?
XD must be a joke thread!!

you made me LOL Jo21 ^_^ thanks

Finally another unsatisfied customer that I won't have to hear bitch about it anymore. Starts hurting your ears after awhile... trust me.

We all have to make these kind of decisions at some point.

You should wait until TGS is done though, there might be something interesting announced, but if not.. then selling it might be the right way to go.

I want to buy a Wii but all am seeing is LoZ:TP and SSBB right now...

4 ≈ One

You now what, I dont blame you but... What are we suppose to say? "No, please, don't do it! We don't wanna lose ya!?"

I'm thinking about getting a 360 myself, but I don´t wanna sell more consoles. I wish I still had my old psone (I still think about rebuying one, but It's not the same). So...

By the way, what exactly was the thing that made you make up your mind, like that?