By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - MEGATON! -- S-E SPECIAL PS3 Session with FF13 on 12th October!!

ZenfoldorVGI said:
Onyxmeth said:

It's official folks. The megaton bar has been lowered to first gameplay impressions. Jesus. We get megatons like every week don't we?

We had 5 of them yesterday. However, Tekken and Halo were NOT megatons, because they had nothing to do with helping Sony's conference not be a dissapointment.

I've only seen two Megatons this year and to me it's FF XIII on the 360 and the October Nintendo conference. Why? Because it was utterly shocking both times and really changed the gaming landscape in some way or another. FF XIII gameplay footage was an inevitibility.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Around the Network

I don't know about megaton, but isn't this like the most anticipated game of the last 4 years save for the next ico game?
This is the first time they are showing gameplay, doesn't that mean the game is almost done and will be released in japan soon?
Maybe then it is just a Superton. Still pretty damn big. I saw the train trailer like, when ff12 came out lol!

@theprof00

Yeah thats why I said it was a megaton.

Japan has been dying for info on this game....n SONY's giving it to em.

me & FF fans have been DYING for info & Gameplay screens or anything since 3 years

FINALLY day after tomorrow WE ARE GETTING IT

ofcourse its a frikkin MEGATON!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

theprof00 said:
I don't know about megaton, but isn't this like the most anticipated game of the last 4 years save for the next ico game?
This is the first time they are showing gameplay, doesn't that mean the game is almost done and will be released in japan soon?
Maybe then it is just a Superton. Still pretty damn big. I saw the train trailer like, when ff12 came out lol!

Anticipated to who? Sales don't justify FF XIII and the next ICO game being the most anticipated. This is coming from a huge Team ICO fan also.

The reason it's no a megaton, or a superton in your case, is because gameplay footage is expected eventually in all games that release. Not one game has gone from CG trailer to release without showing off gameplay. This is why people are questioning what the big deal is. We are like 4 years into development of this game. There's a demo coming out in under six months. Who in their right mind didn't think there was gameplay footage being prepared for FF XIII eventually?

To help push this into reality. Megaton means one million metric tons of TNT, or basically the force and explosion of a nuclear bomb. That is the largest explosion we have in this world. Does that really describe a 45 minute gameplay footage session with FF XIII?

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

darthdevidem01 said:
@theprof00

me & FF fans have been DYING for info & Gameplay screens or anything since 3 years

You mean SE, right???

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."
Around the Network

lol darth i believe u said MEGATON just for fun and now it's getting SERIOUS

anyway , i was complaining yesterday "how come they didn't show us any gameplay footage and TGS sucked" and now i'm over the moon and happy so it is A MEGATON lol
FF fans liked it too i'm sure
i think sony well do very good with these 2 games alone WNC and FF

and yes i agree with onyx FF going multi is the real megaton

FJ-Warez said:
darthdevidem01 said:
@theprof00

You mean SE, right???

Freudian slip. It's too easy to give credit where credit isn't due.

To paraphrase: when everything's a megaton, nothing's a megaton.

Proud member of the Sonic Support Squad.

Quantum Theory seems interesting. However, Demons soul sucks from what i've seen i hope that was the early build of the game and we will get a better game evetually

well i did say it wasn't a megaton.

But don't even try to use the reasoning "who can say what is anticipated"
cuz that's a run-around.
Using that logic, ff13 on 360 isn't even a megaton because "who can say if it is really that anticipated"

To me: "most anticipated" =/= "most people anticipating the game"
"most anticipated"= "most ravenously adored game one a scale of one to ten."(over a large population base)

Therefore, 100,000 people may be anticipating halo4, but if they rank their NEED level as like a 7 or 8 average, then it doesn't match the like 50,000 people who anticipate another game at 11 on a ten scale.

I think that is why most people say "most highly anticipated". I forgot to use the word 'highly', but this is what i meant.

I guess an example would be:
A pregnant woman is ready to kill in order to have a certain flavor combination, but a couple guys are just gunna be like "eh, we'll just get some chinese" when they find out domino's is closed
(haha i really tried :P)