By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Dead Rising Wii is a terrible, terrible idea (Final Build)

Cougarman said:
XGamer0611 said:
konnichiwa said:
Dallinor said:
We'll see when sales figures come in how "terrible" the idea was.

Anyway they are always gonna spin the sales figures.

If it sells bad =>  Yeah 3d Party don't sell on the Wii
It it sells good => Yeah crap sells well on the Wii;..

LMAO.

I'm going with that one. The core gamers who are starving for games will buy it. Casual gamers will buy it as just another Wii title and won't care if it sucks.

this game is coming out around same time as the conduit and madworld, the core gamer will not buy it if it sucks since there are other good games coming at that time.

I had heard madworld got pushed back to 2010 am i wrong on that?

come play minecraft @  mcg.hansrotech.com

minecraft name: hansrotec

XBL name: Goddog

Around the Network
mike_intellivision said:
I want to see someone else besides Kotaku -- which has not always been Wii-friendly -- comment on this game. If you read what is said, is says to me that the author's basic premise is that the game is not worth playing because it doesn't have a Dynasty Warrior level of zombies on screen.

Nevertheless, it does appear that this could be a "good idea gone bad" situation.

Time, refinement, and reviews will tell. It might be a bargain basement pickup now instead of a Day 1 purchase for me.

Also, this shows the difference between ports and builds (Mushroom Men).

Mike from Morgantown

You raise a good point because the author claimed he only saw 6 zombies through the entire concourse yet I've seen 4 times that many in one screen shot.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

goddog said:
Cougarman said:
XGamer0611 said:
konnichiwa said:
Dallinor said:

LMAO.

I'm going with that one. The core gamers who are starving for games will buy it. Casual gamers will buy it as just another Wii title and won't care if it sucks.

this game is coming out around same time as the conduit and madworld, the core gamer will not buy it if it sucks since there are other good games coming at that time.

I think you are talking about No More Heroes the sequel?

konnichiwa said:
goddog said:
Cougarman said:
XGamer0611 said:
konnichiwa said:
Dallinor said:

LMAO.

I think you are talking about No More Heroes the sequel?

that very well could be, i hope so now, id like to try out madworld

konnichiwa is right no more heroes 2 is coming 2010, madworld is slated for 2009 Q1

Wii/Mario Kart Wii Code:2793-0686-5434
Around the Network

I think there are a variety of reasons that this particular game looks like it may be going down the tube..

Mainly the fact that the developers didn't take the right approach. Wii is not an XBOX 360 and never will be, however Dead Rising could have been very well done on Wii with the right Wii specific approach..

Another contributing factor aside from developers and hardware limitations is the timeframe that this game has been in development and likely, the state of mind of the devs. They would be thinking that Wii owners (mainstream type) would like to go around killing zombies and you know they are probably right.. Since they don't want to ruin the Resident Evil name, they decided to go with this..

Looking at the new trailer from TGS, there are 30ish zombies on screen at the 32 second mark.

In most game play sections though, it does appear that you are facing between 6-10 zombies at any one time.

This may actually be more realistic, however. As anyone who has been to a shopping mall recently knows that they are more empty than they were 5-10 years ago as people visit "town center" shopping complexes instead.

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

I'll tell you how they could have made this game MUCH better... probably even better than the original........................................ If they can only put maybe 20 zombies on screen at once, they should have made them like the 28 Weeks Later zombies. Extremely fast and aggressive and hard to get away from. This would have upped the tension and suspense, and would have made for a great time trying to shoot at them if they dodged your bullets on the way in.

Instead, they have 20 zombies..... going seriously slow and just making it too damn easy. I haven't played the game yet, but in all honesty, it really doesn't bode well when a preview has this type of tone.

Just kiss the tip.

mike_intellivision said:
Looking at the new trailer from TGS, there are 30ish zombies on screen at the 32 second mark.

In most game play sections though, it does appear that you are facing between 6-10 zombies at any one time.

This may actually be more realistic, however. As anyone who has been to a shopping mall recently knows that they are more empty than they were 5-10 years ago as people visit "town center" shopping complexes instead.

Mike from Morgantown

trying to rationalize the reduction in zombies based on real world, that seems like a stretch. also form what dead rising showed zombies were headed to the mall from all over town. and without the tunnel level crawling with zombies, this game will always be missing something, i remember deadwalking above them to escape after i had used up all my weapons .... and zombie walking god that was fun.  or even upstairs in between the gun and knife shop so many zombies to kill 

Im still not convinced about this till I've seen the real final build of the game or someone actually played the game.

When I've seen the trailer there are 10-20 zombies on the screen at a time. I think kotaku just bashing the game because of a demo...

end of core gaming days prediction:

E3 2006-The beginning of the end. Wii introduced

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/march2009/ICG_Tape_runs_out.jpg