By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - I have some LITTLE BIG PLANET questions. Beta players would b more help

Im not to sure if i want to get the game as im not to sure if it appeals to me... i have some questions also

ill put the questions as numbers so its easier to answer them

Q1.What are the controles for the game (eg X jump, O sprint etc.)

Q2.Does the game run smoothly, are the graphics nice?

Q3.Does is seem to get repetative?

Q4.Is it really easy? or is it at that fun level like ratchet and clank.

Q5.Is it easy to create sacks/levels?

Q6.If i dont pre - order the game is there any other way i can get the kratos sack?

I am leaning 2wards getting it but im still on edge, maybe the answers to these questions will help me make my mind. thanks

Respect for compans: SONY > NINTENDO >>>>>>>>>> MICROSOFT

Around the Network

1) X = jump
R1 = grab
Square = Popit Menu (you use it to make items and such)
Those are really the only essential buttons you need for playing the game.

2) The game runs pretty smoothly and the graphics are very nice. The only times I've had lag are when people join or leave the room I'm in (online of course). While playing its smooth

3) I haven't gotten bored of it yet but I can see the single player story getting somewhat repetative. The real diversity of the game comes from messing around with what other users have come up with.

4) The story mode so far has been easy, but then again its meant to be a tutorial :P

5) This is where the complexity of the game lies. Creating levels is a pretty daunting task IMO. However to just go into a blank room and create whatever pops into your head is so much fun. There are a ton of tools at your disposal for this, and while they may seem complicated at first, I believe that there is literally a tutorial for each of the tools. It takes a while to get used to but is very rewarding. Me and my friend spent 2 hours creating objects today

Basically the process went like this:
-create a reasonable object
-attach an ungodly amount of rockets to it
-try and hold on as it tears across the screen
-lol

6) errr...uhhh...I have no clue haha. I haven't pre-ordered either but I need to get on that.

I played the beta today for a good 6 hours today (wow that seems a lot longer now that I wrote it down haha) and thoroughly enjoyed myself. Hope you figure out what to do :P

Platinums: Red Dead Redemption, Killzone 2, LittleBigPlanet, Terminator Salvation, Uncharted 1, inFamous Second Son, Rocket League

^^^
thanx heaps dude it sounds like its alot of fun.

Respect for compans: SONY > NINTENDO >>>>>>>>>> MICROSOFT

s-grandi93 said:

Im not to sure if i want to get the game as im not to sure if it appeals to me... i have some questions also

Q6.If i dont pre - order the game is there any other way i can get the kratos sack?

I am leaning 2wards getting it but im still on edge, maybe the answers to these questions will help me make my mind. thanks

q1: left stick to run x to jump r1 to grab soft objects and r2 or l2 and the corrsponding stick to move the hands and tilting the sixaxis.

q2:ya only slow down is going back or forwards in the environment, the graphics are clear but no the best

q3: ive played a lot and am not tired of it

q4: ive only played 4 sinlge player levels and are pretty easy but some online levels can get prety hard

q5: sack people is really easy and the tutorials are supper helpful for creating levels but it takes some getting used to

q6: i dunno

GET IT!

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Consoles owned: Game Cube, Gameboy Color, Gameboy Advance, Nintendo DS, PSP, PS1, PS2, PS3.

My prediction: NATAL WILL NOT help 360 sales. Maybe a 50-100k boost week 1, then a 30-70 k boost week 2, and back to the norm again after 3-5 weeks.

s-grandi93 said:

Q1 - X for jump, R1 for grab, and Square for the popit (the editing tool)

Q2 - Very smoothly, and the art is very nice.

Q3 - No it doesn't get repetitive because every level is different, and there is simply an unlimited amount of levels out there.

Q4 - Some levels that are designed by people are quite hard, but brilliantly made as well. Yes, it is just as fun in my view too.

Q5 - The game comes with a nifty tutorial on how to build levels, presented in a very personal and easy way. The narrator is well spoken.

Q6 - I don't know. Ask your local game seller.

Around the Network

You have to preorder it to get the Kratos sackboy. That's the only way.

Feel free to add me as your friend-PSN ID: Bobo012893

...hmm. looks like ppl already have answered ur questions. Have any of ya that are in the beta played the God of war level? My God thats a great level.

SnakeEyez said:
...hmm. looks like ppl already have answered ur questions. Have any of ya that are in the beta played the God of war level? My God thats a great level.

yes I've played it multiple times its very good.  It's one of my favourites.

Yeah, I love the god of was level too.
Am I th only here who actually sacrificed a teamate when the level ask you too? lol

Anyway, mm476 ans I played a level called "unexpected" which is much more creative in my opinion.
There's also the metal gear solid one.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------                         iclim4 - "The Friends Thread changed my life!" (Pervert Alert!)                                            Tags? 

iclim4 said:
Yeah, I love the god of was level too.
Am I th only here who actually sacrificed a teamate when the level ask you too? lol

Anyway, mm476 ans I played a level called "unexpected" which is much more creative in my opinion.
There's also the metal gear solid one.

Funny cuz I died in that part twice. One time (on my 2nd play through), the cage got stuck so I got on top of it and started jumping on it for it to go down and BAM died after my 3rd jump. The 2nd time, I was passing by that area, and w/o me noticing, my brother stepped on the switch and dropped me in, even after we did the sacrifice....good times lol.