By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - 360 big in Japan, but new PS3 could usurp lead

http://www.crn.com/software/210800733 First sentence: "Microsoft Thursday raised its sales forecast of its Xbox 360 video game console in Japan after unseating Sony's PlayStation 3 stranglehold on the gaming market."

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
PS3 will win Japan bro - believe it.

We all know games sell consoles. Look at the Xbox 360 lineups and make your prediction again.

Brand loyalty only goes so far...

So, it is like the Xbox360 put 20k in the head of the PS3 ... not a lot.

I m not sure the 80gb will really boost the sales but I think the Last Remanant Xbox360 bundle will help the Xbox360.

Overall, PS3 will win hollidays in Japan but it will closer than usual.

Time to Work !

CGI-Quality said:

"Wii angry!

Wii smash!"

That is how the console war in any given region will go.

CGI-Quality said:

After you use Naruto's english dubbed saying... I don't know you may have cursed the PS3

Around the Network

CGI-Quality,

no one is saying that, dont worry

Time to Work !

CGI-Quality said:
You guys truly think that by the end of this gen that 360 will have sold more consoles in Japan than the PS3? Really?

No, but it would be amusing... and a wake up call for Sony... you know if getting completely destroyed in NA didn't wake them up all the way.

While I doubt the chances of the 360 catching up to or surpassing the PS3, you've got to give the box credit in Japan. And considering how minute the boosts from Japanese titles used to be, compared to the current higher and longer sales bumps, you've got to wonder if perhaps the 360 is finally breaking that psychological barrier with the Japanese consumers.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

"Sony's PlayStation 3 stranglehold on the gaming market."

My Wii would like to have words with whoever wrote that

Galaki said:
CGI-Quality said:

We all know games sell consoles. Look at the Xbox 360 lineups and make your prediction again.

Brand loyalty only goes so far...

Xbox 360 Japan 2008
November - Agarest Senki: Reappearance, The Last Remnant (Timed)
December - Fable II

Xbox 360 Japan 2009
Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts, Star Ocean: The Last Hope, Ninety-Nine Nights II, Halo 3: Recon, Forza Motorsport 3, Ninja Blade

PlayStation 3 Japan 2008
October - SOCOM: Confrontation, LittleBigPlanet
November - Resistance 2, MotorStorm: Pacific Rift, Way of the Samurai 3, Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Storm
December - White Knight Chronicles

PlayStation 3 Japan 2009
Final Fantasy XIII, Final Fantasy Versus XIII, Gran Turismo 5, The Last Remnant, Yakuza 3, Demon's Souls, Killzone 2, Quantum Theory

I think PS3 wins.