By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony=Disappointment. Microsoft takes the win again

Well, Sony is hoping that the playstation brand itself will carry them for the rest of this generation, especially this year that they are slightly more successful globally (mainly thanks to europe) than 360, so they are starting to think everything is going their way and they stopped luring companies to their side.

Around the Network

So far TGS has been some smaller annoucments but nothing major.

Tekken 6 is hardly a surprise -- it was announced in 2005 and it due out Fall 2009 for Japan... and M$ had what else? A Halo prequel with a marine.

SONY had what ? Quantum Theory, PSN for PSP dated, and WKC info...

SE showed off DQ9, FFXIII, FFvs.XIII trailers but don't want the public to see them.

I won't comment on Nintendo since i don't know what the announced (are they even at TGS??)

Bobo012893 said:
ssj12 said:
Sony typically just announces things during TGS versus all at once. Basically any press events were business related mostly.

How are they going to announce it without an event? Are they just going to go stand in the middle of the show show floor and shout "Behold, Trico" ?

HAHA I busted out laughing at this. My girlfriend asked me what was so funny...kinda hard to expalin these things lol. Im such a dork

nintendo doesn't attend tokyo game show.

man i am selling my wii.

Seems like same ol' same ol' , games should just be assumed to be multi-plat by now and most games we knew already.

The next two days should be the real focus of these kinds of events, the fans playing and supporting games.

Around the Network
Jo21 said:
nintendo doesn't attend tokyo game show.

man i am selling my wii.

how much?

Man, this yrs gaming events have been pretty bad. Mediocre E3 all around, mediocre TGS all around. I think that it's safe to say that 2 things that u can bet on happening on these events from now on is: 1 - Sony will lose another exclusive and 2 - the overall show will be disappointing.

starcraft said:
makingmusic476 said:
Quantum Theory and Demon's Souls were announced for the ps3, as opposed to more...Halo.

The WKC Online announcement was cool as well.

Wasn't Demon's Souls already announced?

Please, Sony lost this fair and square.  They may make up for it at LBG and WKC confrences.

Yeah, in Famitsu a week ago, where 90% of everything TGS-related was announced. >_>

Tbh, I think everyone had a crappy showing.  Nintendo was a no show (but third parties made up for that, kinda), Sony didn't show Team ICO (why Sony!?!  WHY!?!), and Microsoft showed more Halo.

Bobo012893 said:
ssj12 said:
Sony typically just announces things during TGS versus all at once. Basically any press events were business related mostly.

How are they going to announce it without an event? Are they just going to go stand in the middle of the show show floor and shout "Behold, Trico" ?

could, lol. But really press release, TV with trailer/game to play if available, new sign for game, done.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Shadowblind said:

Tekken 6 going multiplat would have been quite the bombshell(not megaton) had it not been for the Gamespot leak. A deal about as big as DMC4 going multiplat, anyway.

I'm losing interest in Ninja Blade after seeing its pace isn't nearly as fast as NG2.

I'm content with the new XBLA games coming out, and enjoyed the new Star Ocean trailer. That game will be amazing from the looks of it, the first real huge JRPG this gen(depending on how WKC does).

Ninety-nine Nights 2 may have some hope for it yet after switching devs, but I'm not gonna hold my breath.

It was alright, but nothing NEAR what I expected. Wheres my new JRPG Mistwalker?!

Ninja Blade is made by From Software, so I wouldn't get too excited.

That's why I'm very pessimistic about Demon's Souls at the moment.  From Software = meh.

The biggest things to come out of the conference are new Tekken 6 multiplat, Castlevania, and New Halo Campaign.

Everyone on this forum was expecting something big from Sony, or at least anything at all.

Yeah, Sony lost. No argument here. They had the most expected of them, and delivered nothing. MS had nothing expected of them, and delivered two pretty significant games(no matter how boring some of you think Halo is, it's big business).

Pleasant surprise of the show to me was the Bayonetta trailer, and the new RE5 stuff.

Star Ocean also looks godly great, but we knew that already, lol, or at least I did. Same with LBP, R2, ect.

Pretty good show, if you ask me.

LOL at people acting like a new retail Halo game isn't a big deal, on a gaming sales website.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.