By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Avatars REQUIRED.

konnichiwa said:
@Kirby the update? Yes it will be gratis =p.

By the way I never knew there were 64 mb memorycards.

me neither ...i even searched on google to verify that there were cause i didnt believe it.

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

Around the Network
konnichiwa said:
@Kirby the update? Yes it will be gratis =p.

By the way I never knew there were 64 mb memorycards.

They came out a long time ago and don't know if you can still find them.  I have one myself just for transfering profiles/saves at LANS & stuff.  It cost me like $10 shipped :X

Completed X360:
High Def Movie Collection

AFAIK, X3F are mistaken. You DON'T need a mem card for NXE but it won't save your preferences if you haven't got one.

'If you do not have a Hard Disk (XBOX Arcade Console), you will still be able to recieve the update... however any cached data will be removed upon shutdown/restart of your console. So for those with limited bandwidth we recommend aquiring a Hard Disk.'

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=44406&start=0

MrBubbles said:
konnichiwa said:
MrBubbles said:
does anyone have a source for this about the space requirement?

: Some clarification. The release mentions that (at minimum) a 256MB memory card is required for the NXE and Avatar customization, BUT doesn't say how many MBs out of the 256MBs are needed for the update itself. Technically, the update could use up only 150MBs leaving 256MB memory card owners with some extra storage. What's guaranteed is that 64MB card owners or those who have no storage medium are out of NXE and Avatar luck.

http://www.xbox360fanboy.com/2008/10/09/avatar-customization-requires-256mb-storage/

Thank You.

this doesnt sound at all like it would take up the whole 256mb.  just that the card is required because you will need to save information.  so some people are overreacting here....

Nowhere does it say the save takes 256 mb. It doesnt mention a size. It's just saying it will need to save to the standard 256mb memory card. Everyone has taken this out of proportion. My guess it will take 50mb max.

Hardcore gamers need to man up. Just make a damn avatar and then go on playing games

Around the Network

OP: who cares if you have to.. were you upset when they FORCED YOU to pick a user name and individualize yourself like that? who gives a shit, it'll take 5 seconds to set up

@tabsina I just bring the news, chill please :);

konnichiwa said:
@tabsina I just bring the news, chill please :);

heh.. i was more replying to the article than you :P

=p Lolz.  Ok sorry.

It's amazing at how fast misinformation spreads when the topic has something to do with the 360.

Love the product, not the company. They love your money, not you.

-TheRealMafoo