By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Castlevania heading to HD consoles

Great ,another game to look out for !!

I hope Konami manages it this time ....Castlevania NEEDS a succesful entry in the 3d world.

Around the Network
disolitude said:
waron said:
castlevania in 3d confirmed? for god sake no!
i'll wait for 2d castlevania wii - hopefully konami will do retro style game like MM9 for wiiware.

Wow...there are people taht are scared of the new...and then there is this guy.

Coming from a guy with a castlevania avitar...I don't think I agree with you. Yes the 3d castlevanias have been terrible. 2D ones however have been stagnant...there really is no room for improvement anymore as the fact that Castlevania SOTN is still the best one and it came out in 1997.

So while the safest thing to do would be to churn out another 2D castlevania game... while the 3D one is not guaranteed to be good, it has a chance of putting the series back in the gaming elite. And not be just another..."look at me...I'm retro" game.

you can still do a lot of things with 2d. the only 3d castlevania i would stand and like(if the game was good) would be paper mario 2d/3d mix.

noname2200 said:
Supposedly this is a direct sequel to Symphony of the Night...

Something like Golden Eye: Rogue Agent?? xD

OT:

Dear Konami

Just make a great 3D Castlevania for once... Just rip off DMC, Ninja Gaiden.. and a bit of Tomb Raider..  but do it good..

Yours Sincerley

NiKKoM

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

disolitude said:
waron said:
castlevania in 3d confirmed? for god sake no!
i'll wait for 2d castlevania wii - hopefully konami will do retro style game like MM9 for wiiware.

Wow...there are people taht are scared of the new...and then there is this guy.

Coming from a guy with a castlevania avitar...I don't think I agree with you. Yes the 3d castlevanias have been terrible. 2D ones however have been stagnant...there really is no room for improvement anymore as the fact that Castlevania SOTN is still the best one and it came out in 1997.

So while the safest thing to do would be to churn out another 2D castlevania game... while the 3D one is not guaranteed to be good, it has a chance of putting the series back in the gaming elite. And not be just another..."look at me...I'm retro" game.

seconded

NiKKoM said:
noname2200 said:
Supposedly this is a direct sequel to Symphony of the Night...

Something like Golden Eye: Rogue Agent?? xD

OT:

Dear Konami

Just make a great 3D Castlevania for once... Just rip off DMC, Ninja Gaiden.. and a bit of Tomb Raider..  but do it good..

Yours Sincerley

NiKKoM

Well sequel to SOTN is a good start...start with the best then make it better...

Its funny you say Casltevania should rip off DMC and NG...2 games that ripped it off when they were created. DMC was essentially castlevania in 3d and NG back on the nes was Castlevania + Shinobi.

Tomb raider should be ripped off only if the main character is a female...and she needs big breasts :)

Around the Network

GREAT! =D.

and symphony is night is my favorite castlevaina i hope its true lol

KylieDog said:
The N64 games were good.

Yeah they get bad rap. Castlevania Legacy of Darkness was pretty good. It wasn't a "metroidvania" but a traditonal style Castlevania game in 3D. Speaking of which, it would be nice if Konami put it and Goemon 64 on the VC.

KylieDog said:
The N64 games were good.

I know everyones opinion should be respected and validated...but Im having a really hard time doing that with this statement.

I was close to losing the faith for humanity when I played those 2 n64 games...i think to this day they are still considered the worst entry in to 3D by any game...and that includes sonic and contra.

Release is still a ways off, thinking NMH 2 is 2010 a ways off can be 2011 now o.o

Wii Needs a nice Castlevania... and not "that one"

SSBB FC: 5155 2671 4071 elgefe02: "VGChartz's Resident Raving Rabbit"   MKWii:5155-3729-0989