By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Castlevania heading to HD consoles

While I would like to see a good 3D Castelvania I just don't know if Konami has it in them. Maybe I'm just still feeling the aches of the not so great ps2 romps, but considering they weren't even the first to nail 3D contra style action either I just find it to be a hard sell.

Around the Network

Is this new Castlevania game going to be in 3D? I read that on a different forum but the post did not give a link that the information. It seemed that the Users were just speculating.

If Nintendo is successful at the moment, it’s because they are good, and I cannot blame them for that. What we should do is try to be just as good.----Laurent Benadiba

Darc Requiem said:

megaman79 said:

You mean "that one"

No one is going to buy a fighter. Noone gives a shit about Castlevania fighters.

And they say John McCain isn't internet savvy.

Well could have gone with "So". In terms of republican quotes thats my favorite

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

castlevania in 3d confirmed? for god sake no!
i'll wait for 2d castlevania wii - hopefully konami will do retro style game like MM9 for wiiware.

waron said:
castlevania in 3d confirmed? for god sake no!
i'll wait for 2d castlevania wii - hopefully konami will do retro style game like MM9 for wiiware.

Wow...there are people taht are scared of the new...and then there is this guy.

Coming from a guy with a castlevania avitar...I don't think I agree with you. Yes the 3d castlevanias have been terrible. 2D ones however have been stagnant...there really is no room for improvement anymore as the fact that Castlevania SOTN is still the best one and it came out in 1997.

So while the safest thing to do would be to churn out another 2D castlevania game... while the 3D one is not guaranteed to be good, it has a chance of putting the series back in the gaming elite. And not be just another..."look at me...I'm retro" game.

Around the Network

Well, lets hope they can make it work this time.
But i'd much rather have another epic 2-d Castlevania on a home console

"The accumulated filth of all their sex and murders will foam up about their waist and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout "Save us!"...

....and I'll look down and whisper  "no."  

- Rorschach

give me a good 2-D castlevania in the wii ware (or Xbox live) and i'll be happy :D

megaman79 said:
You mean "that one"

No one is going to buy a fighter. Noone gives a shit about Castlevania fighters.

I'm going to buy it

Anyway, although I'm buying it, I'm pissed the HD consoles are getting a traditional Castlevania and Wii owners are receiving an "experimental" game.

Castlevania Judgment FC:     1161 - 3389 - 1512

3DS Friend Code:   3480-2746-6289

Wii Friend Code: 4268-9719-1932-3069

Supposedly this is a direct sequel to Symphony of the Night...

megaman79 said:
What about the Wii?

We're getting Judgment. Totally kicks the snot out of this, right?

Right?