By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Computer Question

Well your computer is about 2 decades old, so I recomend going for a new one completely to play it. I recomend shopping online for cheaper prices

Help I cant get my trophy card to work.

Around the Network

Some old computers you just won't be able to upgrade at all, or not very much. My old computer was made in 2000 and I basically had it all max out with upgrades by 2005, I couldn't upgrade the graphics card so I had to stick with the old one, the max amount of RAM it could take was 256 MB RAM which was horrible, you basically couldn't do much. So I wen't looking on ebay and I found an awesome deal on a computer for $300.

It had 2 GB RAM, 160 GB hard drive (I added a second 80 GB), I had the graphics card upgraded to a Nvidia 8500 GT (for like 40 bucks extra) and it had a Anthlon 64 X2 dual core processor. I own The Sims 2 plays perfectly and I can even play Crysis (in medium graphics mode without any sticking). And the great thing about this computer is it can be upgraded big time, the ram max out at 16 GB, that should be plenty lol

If your interested here's the website to the company I bought my computer off of, they make all custom computers and there fairly cheap.

http://www.lucomputers.com/default.asp