By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - WAIT... Will NMH2 be published by EA and not Ubi? Just a assumption...

Rhonin the wizard said:
yushire said:
dib8rman said:
What I'm interested in is if Suda is going to do a multi platform deal - he may have the backing now to pursue an HD title in the form of No More Heroes. Truely he is a success story.

If so I hope the PS3 only and Xbox360 only guys enjoy an obviously exciting and anticipated sequal.

The Wii version or Wii exclusive could do a lot to harm itself, such as the adoption of 1:1 for linear combat. No More Heroes suddle depth was in it's simplicity and one dimensional use of the Wiimotes motion functions. Over complication could only hurt.

I think the sequel will not implement the wii motion control AT ALL... Like Lucasarts says even the third parties are surprised/unprepared about the announcement. We will not see a core game implementation of the Wii motion plus till late 2011. I did say core games, because we know what 3rd parties do to seize the moment, they will make another rip off of Wii Sports resort to make money...

The Conduit will use Wii MotionPlus and it will be released in 2009.

QFT.  Also Krome seems to be very interested in making a WM+ game for next year and haven't ruled out it being a Star Wars game, but most likely 2010 if you want a real serious dev cycle for the game.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Around the Network

No More Heroes was a damn fine Wii game, and Ubisoft brushed it aside to promote their petz or catz or whatever, NMH2 deserves insane amounts of hype so Im hoping these XSEED guys can deliver.

Is there a link proving they will be publishing it?

And whether or not it is true, why do you assuming Ubisoft wouldn't promote the second game? The first game was an unproven franchise, from a niche developer. This would be from a proven franchise.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Whoever it is, if they're planning to censor it in ALL of europe again, I'll go nuts

LordTheNightKnight said:

And whether or not it is true, why do you assuming Ubisoft wouldn't promote the second game? The first game was an unproven franchise, from a niche developer. This would be from a proven franchise.

http://www.mmv.co.jp/common/images/var/ir_news/232/081009TGS2008.pdf Marvelous is the publisher and outside of Japan XSEED has a deal to publish their games.  That also shows the game will be 2010. 

And why are you trying defend ubi on this game?  I mean the game got 8's and 9's, a lot of internet hype, thats enough to say "hey maybe a few ads and commercials"  no publishing that game was an after thought to them.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Around the Network

Depends if Ubi got into the licenses with the game. If they have part ownership then Ubi will publish the sequel. If not then its up for grabs. I'd suspect Suda 51 realizes this is very large franchise and might try to find a publisher who will advertise it as such. Possibly Nintendo publishing outside of Japan. Who knows.

But doesn't come out til 2010 so we got a whiles to think about that. We'll hear more about it at E3 09.

MaxwellGT2000 said:
LordTheNightKnight said:

http://www.mmv.co.jp/common/images/var/ir_news/232/081009TGS2008.pdf Marvelous is the publisher and outside of Japan XSEED has a deal to publish their games.  That also shows the game will be 2010. 

And why are you trying defend ubi on this game?  I mean the game got 8's and 9's, a lot of internet hype, thats enough to say "hey maybe a few ads and commercials"  no publishing that game was an after thought to them.

Ads tend to come before reviews, not after.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

LordTheNightKnight said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:
LordTheNightKnight said:

There are also times when they wait for reviews so they can add the score to the ad, but again Ubi didn't support it at all it's not even a debatable point.  I don't have anything against Ubi at all but to really get their serious efforts you gotta get their PS360 titles.

Don't listen to the media about that game until GDC.

So far I've seen dozens of articles claiming different developers arep ublishing it.

For now all we know is that Marvelous (Publisher) has something to do with the game... everything else is near speculation or is.

"Capcom announces No More Heroes 2!"

^Yea.

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

MaxwellGT2000 said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:
LordTheNightKnight said:

There are also times when they wait for reviews so they can add the score to the ad, but again Ubi didn't support it at all it's not even a debatable point.  I don't have anything against Ubi at all but to really get their serious efforts you gotta get their PS360 titles.

Was I debating whether they supported it? I wasn't. I was disputing that they wouldn't support the sequel if they were publishing it here.

If Ubisoft knows that the game would sell well with almost no marketing, then just a little would ensure a hit.