By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Has Sony failed at TGS like they failed at E3.?

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Xen said:
MS Takes Sony exclusive!! Sony has failed!!!

First of all, I want to see you play that game with a 360 controller. Sure, It's a moral victory by MS, but they are wasting too much money on trying to win this gen.

Second, Sony didn't even have their conference yet... it's hard to fail before your conference.

Last, MS didn't announce anything new (pretty surprisingly), Sony has plenty to announce and we already had leaks of what they were supposed to announce (Demon's Soul, and I guess, Quantum Theory).

Um...i'm getting Tekken 6 on the PS3, but the 360 is getting a new controller with a better directional pad for gaming. They showed it off at E3 already. The 360 owners should enjoy it. They claims its been well tested.

And now... all 21 mil of the 360 owners will need to buy a new controller. And everyone who wants to play the game will need too... ridicilous.

Also, limited edition for Europe and Asia.

Around the Network
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Microsoft held back alot of titles to announce dude. They didn't even announce the new Halo at the E3 conference they unveiled it after pressing questions from gaming reporters. Microsoft will be having over 1000 games in their arsenal by the end of the year. Trust me...this doesn't bother me one bit. At least some of those other games are likely to be good. Remember we have seen from Rare in a while.

Appart from the Halo 3 stand alone, I don't see much... At the TGS they announced Nighty nine night 2 and... that's all...

Rare is making the new Banjo, they could prepare a new game, it's possible but... what else?

So is the MS conference over now? A new Halo game and Tekken 6. Is that it? Once again they have to rely on a former PS-exlcusive game to have a memorable conference.
As for Sony, they need to announced KH3 as an exclusive. The FF7 remake and Tears of Blood would be good too.

Xen said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Xen said:
MS Takes Sony exclusive!! Sony has failed!!!

First of all, I want to see you play that game with a 360 controller. Sure, It's a moral victory by MS, but they are wasting too much money on trying to win this gen.

Second, Sony didn't even have their conference yet... it's hard to fail before your conference.

Last, MS didn't announce anything new (pretty surprisingly), Sony has plenty to announce and we already had leaks of what they were supposed to announce (Demon's Soul, and I guess, Quantum Theory).

Um...i'm getting Tekken 6 on the PS3, but the 360 is getting a new controller with a better directional pad for gaming. They showed it off at E3 already. The 360 owners should enjoy it. They claims its been well tested.

And now... all 21 mil of the 360 owners will need to buy a new controller. And everyone who wants to play the game will need too... ridicilous.

Also, limited edition for Europe and Asia.

Um what? Please dude, its a controller. You're taking this over the edge now. It's just a controller. I bought special controllers and joysticks when I was playing the PS2 with Tekken Tag and other games. If they are fans of the game and want a better controller they'll buy it.

Asmo said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Microsoft held back alot of titles to announce dude. They didn't even announce the new Halo at the E3 conference they unveiled it after pressing questions from gaming reporters. Microsoft will be having over 1000 games in their arsenal by the end of the year. Trust me...this doesn't bother me one bit. At least some of those other games are likely to be good. Remember we have seen from Rare in a while.

Appart from the Halo 3 stand alone, I don't see much... At the TGS they announced Nighty nine night 2 and... that's all...

Rare is making the new Banjo, they could prepare a new game, it's possible but... what else?

I read in EGM that Rare is working on two more secret projects for MS as we speak. One is highly rumored to be a game called Killer Instinct 3: Death, Doom & Destruction. EGM leaked it from what they call a "credible source".

Around the Network
Daxter210 said:
Noobie said:

no earth shattering news from them... rather not even some mild tremor...

atleast MS has announced yet another Sony exclusive becoming multi... and they gave some sweetners with few Halo games.... but so far nothing of Tekken level news from Sony...

and nobody knows when their conference is going to be held or even if they r going to held it or not... look like Sony has lost its touch....

No problem, Tekken is not a AAA title and will be released in fall 2009. Pathetic.

Sony has a lot of first-party titles.

Xbox360 instead has only few timed exclusives of dubious quality. 95% xbox360 game are also available on PS3 and 100% xbox360 game are also available on PC.

Tekken may not be a top selling fighter franchise, but based in fighter depth, storyline and extras it's a AAA fighter. It's arguably the best 3D fighter.

S.T.A.G.E. said:

I read in EGM that Rare is working on two more secret projects for MS as we speak. One is highly rumored to be a game called Killer Instinct 3: Death, Doom & Destruction. EGM leaked it from what they call a "credible source".

And you think those will come up before the end of the year? Seriously, even if the rumour is true, we are far from the 1k aren't we?

Asmo said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

And you think those will come up before the end of the year? Seriously, even if the rumour is true, we are far from the 1k aren't we?

I didn't confirm this. What I did confirm was that there will be 1000 games on the 360 by the end of the year, which is far more than its competitors.

Would be nice to have a list anyway.

There's one here http://www.metacritic.com/games/xbox360/scores/ but it contains 479 titles so... it means 521 titles will come out before jan 1st?

Asmo said:

Would be nice to have a list anyway.

There's one here http://www.metacritic.com/games/xbox360/scores/ but it contains 479 titles so... it means 521 titles will come out before jan 1st?

Ok i'll make a deal with you. If MS doesn't pump out 1000 games like they promised by the end of 2008, you have my blessing to bitchslap Don Mattrick. Like I give a shit about them anyway, I just want their games.