By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - White Knight Chronicles>Final Fantasy XIII. Don't believe me? Watch this...

Looks like a premium quality RPG. Looks like a winner.

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

Around the Network

Good looking game. I hear Level 5 has gotten much better at narratives since Rogue Galaxy.

That said, if this game is as good as Final Fantasy, then I'll buy a PS3 for it. However, such a thing is highly doubtful. I thought IU looked really great, until the reviews hit.

It's not impossible, but I've never not liked a Final Fantasy game, and I'm not a big fan of Dark Cloud 2(though I admit, I was at one point), DQVIII, or Rogue Galaxy. I thought the games were great, don't get me wrong, but I just felt that in the end, they fell short of my hopes.

I hope this game is great, and as always I wish it would go multiplat, lol. I know you don't want to hear that, but I wish all games would go mulitplat, for all consoles. Then, more people would get to play good games, and that's never a bad thing.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

ZenfoldorVGI said:

I hope this game is great, and as always I wish it would go multiplat, lol. I know you don't want to hear that, but I wish all games would go mulitplat, for all consoles. Then, more people would get to play good games, and that's never a bad thing.

The point of multiple consoles, the game industry etc. has passed you by.

Drage said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:

The point of multiple consoles, the game industry etc. has passed you by.

Maybe, but two things still hold true:

A. I could pwn you all at Tekken.

B. The more people who buy a good game, the better it is for gamers.

It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

@ ZenfoldorVGI

Multi-platform games design has its disadvantages, developers usually want to re-use as many assets as possible resulting into sacrifices (game engine, design and assets). Some Amiga exclusives would have been severely sacrificed (or would have ended up as a very different game) if they would have been co-developed for the Atari ST. Like GTA IV would have come with more content if both consoles had Blu-Ray or the upcoming Ghostbusters would have had more things going on on screen at once if both consoles had the Cell processor.

The 360 is an easier platform to develop for, using easier but far less efficient coding practices (especially with the PS3 architecture). Luckily Tekken 6 should be different though as the game's development was lead on the PS3, which should result into excellent efficient code suited to be ported to 360 as well as towards PCs.

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

Around the Network

it wont let me watch vid

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

hmmm the world that they created i think is certainly not bad and mayb on par with ff series. but for the characters design, i think they are still far behind square, not to mention musics and artistic feelings that i cant judge yet until i play the game.
they need to input personalities and soul into the characters, so far the trailers of the game dont let me feel that.
but nonetheless, this is looking to be a great epic RPG!! mayb just behind FF ;)

btw, the "knights"that they transformed shown in the trailer are certainly very impressive! hopefully it will have the same impact or even better when compare to FF's summons system!

I bought a ps3 for this game.

Can love bloom on the battlefield?                 Proud supporter of this gen!!!

Hell no I dont believe you.
Yea it looks great and but Final Fantasy?

Take my love, take my land..