By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - LBP beta=awesome but buggy

I'm not complaining about the final game, duh. I know what a beta is, I am discussing the beta. These are obvious beta problems, I seriously doubt the full game when have trouble starting up.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

Around the Network

@The_vagabond7
but you said the game is awsome and thats what matters. Every bug can be fixed and the final game will be free of bugs and even if not, there is alwas the option of a patch ;)

The game has already gone gold. This is a somewhat older build.

Also, the tutorial lock-ups are a problem with the servers. If the servers go down (which they do - a lot), then the tutorial will get stuck while trying to access the server. When this happens, just press Start and click on your friends list. An icon will pop up saying it could not connect to the server, and then you'll be able to exit the tutorial like usual.

Also, play Hollow Bastion!

This game has to be good or the PS3 fans around here will be hammered lol

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

makingmusic is correct. If you are unable to connect to the LBP servers, you will have a random experience at best. For some reason you need to be connected to the server to create a level. I would assume user levels are stored locally until they are published. The undo function seems to hang looking for the server in this mode. Hopefully the servers will be available tonight.

Thanks for the input, Jeff.

Around the Network

I am very happy you are enjoying it.....giving you the Beta Key was worth it as you are one of the few people who critically analyzes games n doesn;t just say

ZOMG ITS T3H BEST THING EVERRRRRRRRR

{though MGS4 is....lol)

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Yeah I Had some of the issues

Sometimes it freezes for me, but it's usually when doing things online so I think it's just some big time lag because it eventually comes back.

It's been pretty cool in my second day playing levels. I haven't spent a whole lot of time working with in the create mode, but playing other people's levels have been fun (the best ones of course). There are some pretty cool ones too, I've been enjoying a Ninja Warrior type level and that was pretty fun racing.

I hope that this data helps them because things can be kind of iffy when online with some lag and the choppiness with it.

makingmusic476 said:
The game has already gone gold. This is a somewhat older build.

Also, the tutorial lock-ups are a problem with the servers. If the servers go down (which they do - a lot), then the tutorial will get stuck while trying to access the server. When this happens, just press Start and click on your friends list. An icon will pop up saying it could not connect to the server, and then you'll be able to exit the tutorial like usual.

Also, play Hollow Bastion!

Thanks for that info.  Every time I tried to do a tutorial I'd get stuck in it and have to restart my system.  Guess I should try and finally make some levels before the beta ends.

I wouldn't know, SOMEBODY gave me a dud code...