By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - The Final Four: Phillies vs. Dodgers, Rays vs. Red Sox

Who do you like?

It says here - Rays in 7 and Phillies in 7. Have to thank the Dodgers though - I don't think the Phillies could have beaten the Cubs. The crime of it is no NL team is as good as the Rays or the Red Sox...so the glory will be fleeting.

I have the Phillies winning game 1, 4, 6 and 7 (Hamels/Blanton/Myers/Moyer)

Scores of something like...

4-3

6-4

3-1

8-5

9-7

3-2

7-6

MVP: Jayson Werth (payback!)

Expectations:

- Blown saves. Manny will beat Lidge once. Phillies will beat Broxton once.

- One of the Dodgers lefties will blow up in a big moment against Howard by challenging him in Philly with runners on.

- The Phillie Phanatic will beat the living shit out of Tommy Lasorda to settle their old score.

- This will be the best NLCS in years...

People are difficult to govern because they have too much knowledge.

When there are more laws, there are more criminals.

- Lao Tzu

Around the Network

The Dodgers are hot, I expect a huge series there. The sox might pull an upset.

Dodgers vs Sox is a great world series.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)

I like philadelphia v tampa, with philadelphia in 6 (shane victorino mvp).

if you would have asked me 7 days ago i'd say cubs over tampa in 7. DeRosa MVP......mmmmmm so sad, maybe next year

The Dodgers are playing very well.
I expect the Dodgers to win in 6 games.

and I hope the Rays beat up on the Sox

Rays all the way!
Not a big baseball fan though...

Around the Network

I'm calling Dodgers/Rays. I think the Dodgers will continue to play over their heads and the overall package of the Rays plus homefield will take the Sox down.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

The Phillies may not make the playoffs much but when they do they tend to win in entertaining fashion against the National League. Its the other league that gives them trouble.

I really think both series could go 7. The NLCS in particular should be absolutely riveting. I've personally attended two games where the Phillies have beaten Broxton in a save situation so I think we'll see quite a few late inning-lead changes.

People are difficult to govern because they have too much knowledge.

When there are more laws, there are more criminals.

- Lao Tzu

Dodgers are like the Rockies of 07.
They will keep the momentum going.

Dodgers vs. Phillies 1st game starts in 30 minutes

Dodgers on top 1-0
Go Dodgers!!!!!!

GO RedSox!

Tag (Courtesy of Fkusumot) "If I'm posting in this thread then it's probally a spam thread."