By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan Numbers Up!

psrock said:
ps3 got destroyed again

Uh, no sir.

Around the Network

Looks like 360 is doing jsut fine in Japan, weeks after a price cut...things will heat up during the holiday shopping and the release of some new games.

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

heruamon said:
Looks like 360 is doing jsut fine in Japan, weeks after a price cut...things will heat up during the holiday shopping and the release of some new games.

The PS3's fanbase in Japan is much larger, so when these new games come.. The PS3 will eat the 360 for breakfast when the holidays come.

Everstar said:
FaRmLaNd said:
The ps3 should be ahead of the 360 again next week. But its simply amazing how long the 360 held on. I mean it started trending upwards before the release of vesperia. Thankfully the 360 has TLR and SO to go :)

When do those come out?

According to this website

The Last Remnant - 11/20/08

Star Ocean - Doesn't say. Wiki says at some point in 2009. Anyone know when?

Smashed said:
heruamon said:

The PS3's fanbase in Japan is much larger, so when these new games come.. The PS3 will eat the 360 for breakfast when the holidays come.

These new games are only comming out for 360 buddy =)

Proud Owner of  a Wii and Xbox 360 and a PS3(When I get the money)

Around the Network
FaRmLaNd said:
Everstar said:
FaRmLaNd said:
The ps3 should be ahead of the 360 again next week. But its simply amazing how long the 360 held on. I mean it started trending upwards before the release of vesperia. Thankfully the 360 has TLR and SO to go :)

When do those come out?

According to this website

The Last Remnant - 11/20/08

Star Ocean - Doesn't say. Wiki says at some point in 2009. Anyone know when?

Oh nice

Proud Owner of  a Wii and Xbox 360 and a PS3(When I get the money)

The 360 beats the ps3 again damn but it will not last. If m$ keep it close next gen the xbox brand will not have a negative stigma attach to it like last time but it still has a long way to go with nintendo ,man the japanese sure like there wii

So when is the next game of interest for the PS3 in Japan. Something that will create some sort of excitement in Japan.

As for 360 it will level off very soon if it hasnt already. Even before the last 2 JRPGs and price reduction the 360 was increasing in sales every week in Japan all summer. Not until the supply issues in August did sales drop. So dont expect the sub 5K numbers to be normal any longer.

Until the PS3 starts releasing software the Japanese really want (in quantity) the 360 will be the JRPG console in Japan for the HD generation.

Its libraries that sell systems not a single game.

A 27% drop is slow?

Complexity is not depth. Machismo is not maturity. Obsession is not dedication. Tedium is not challenge. Support gaming: support the Wii.

Be the ultimate ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today! Poisson Village welcomes new players.

What do I hate about modern gaming? I hate tedium replacing challenge, complexity replacing depth, and domination replacing entertainment. I hate the outsourcing of mechanics to physics textbooks, art direction to photocopiers, and story to cheap Hollywood screenwriters. I hate the confusion of obsession with dedication, style with substance, new with gimmicky, old with obsolete, new with evolutionary, and old with time-tested.
There is much to hate about modern gaming. That is why I support the Wii.

Millennium said:
A 27% drop is slow?

The PS3 and 360 are selling in such low amounts in Japan that a drop of only a couple of thousand shows as a large percentage drop.  Sales of both are poor.  Japan sales are only notable now because the 360 has been outselling the PS3 the past 4 weeks.  Microsoft are building a platform for their next console by gaining brand acceptance with the Japanese market and they are slowly having some success with that.  Sony already has that brand recognition, but just hasn't delivered what the market wants yet.  I'm sure Sony will get their act together and the PS3 will really take off but they've dropped the ball and Microsoft are capitalizing.