By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Report: Manufacting contract awarded for external 360 Blu-ray drive

Toshiba is also involved..:) strange... they promised to skip HD gen altogether.

Around the Network
theprof00 said:
not going to happen, there is a price threshold that manufacturers of BR drives cannot cross.

price fixing is illegal

Maybe the royalties will allow Sony to lower the price of the PS3... :P

It's all about the game.

loy310 said:
So that would bring the price of the 360 back up to the price of the PS3 again..

Exactly, but the major difference is: you have the choice ;)

Is This M$ Surprise announcement?

Around the Network
Barozi said:
loy310 said:
So that would bring the price of the 360 back up to the price of the PS3 again..

Exactly, but the major difference is: you have the choice ;)

Yeah, and i chose to get my games on blu ray. Higher price, better quality. ;) This ofcourse includes the hardware (that, you cannot deny if you look at the failure rates for each product)

Check out my game about moles ^

WHAT a bad move

It will underlign at which point the PS3 is complete while the xbox360 is not...

It will also show at which point they can't follow their line and they always have to copy others ...

If MS can't stop themselves to focus on Sony then consumers will also never stop to focus on Sony too.

Time to Work !

Will M$ Eat Crow? We'll see

Skeeuk said:
a bluray addon will sell very well.

bluray is better than any other format on the market 2day.

i dont buy any more dvd`s as they are garbage

360 owners should be happy that a possible bluray player mabey will come out, as they will be able to enjoy the best high def movie experiance.

i have a hddvd addon for 360, and i always watch a moview on it, dvd`s are crap in comparison

You and I are in the same boat.  I have a 360, the HD-DVD add-on, and about 20 HD-DVD movies, and it's difficult to go back to DVD for me (I'm really into home-theater).

I would love a 360 add-on or a cheap standalone Blu-ray player.  Now, if they can just get the darn movie prices down...

Staude said:

Yeah, and i chose to get my games on blu ray. Higher price, better quality. ;)

I hope this was a joke.

Staude said:

This ofcourse includes the hardware (that, you cannot deny if you look at the failure rates for each product)

When you talk about the hardware in connection with blu-ray you also can't deny the problems with SONY's drive in some PS3s