By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Iron Man Breaks Blu-Ray Sales Records

PDF said:
xman said:
Iron man was the best summer movie hands down!! Well worth the money

Did you not see The Dark Knight?

I saw them both and I thought Ironman was better then Dark Knight. I just found it far more entertaining.

From a Marvel fanboy sort of way.

*Salutes to Cap A avatar*

Hmm, pie.

Around the Network
Ail said:
I expect to see much better sales for Indiana Jones or the Dark Knight.

Iron Man success actually caught the studios off guard as Blue Ray were sold out at a lot of retail locations in my area and I had a hard time finding one.
I'm expecting future blockbusters releases adapt to this new sale pattern.

I woudn't expect Matrix to bread records.
It's one thing to get a new movie you don't own in Blue Ray, it's another to expect people to buy a Blue Ray when they already own the DVD...( only exception would be LOTR, I know there are a lot of crazy fans like me that will buy the Blue Ray the day they come but well I already have 3 dvd copies of each LOTR movies lol...)

You wouldn't happen to be in the south chicago suburbs wou;ld you? because I had the same exact problems. I actually had to tell managers that they "lost my business" (got to make it dramatic to get them paying attention) for not carrying enough blu-ray movies and next time to order some more so they can meet demand.

Dark Knight is going to go gangbusters on BR then - although props to Iron Man as well. Indy 4 should also see big BR sales.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

naraku2099 said:
MANUELF said:
Passenger57 said:
The problem with Blu-Ray is not the sales on big blockbuster action movies like this one, the problem their having is on sales of your everyday movie's i.e. comedies, animated film, etc.

What do you expect when the price of a blu-ray movie is 50% higher than the same movie on DVD?

Some people can see that as a bargain when if you have a full HD TV, the video and audio quality can be up to 500% better.

500% eh!  Are you dreaming?  The disc capacity may be 500% but the improvement over DVD does not even dream of coming even remotely close to that.  If it was barely anyone with a hdtv would buy DVDs even if the cost was 100% higher let alone 50%.  Before blu ray and HD DVD arrived that 5 times better bull shit was thrown around and I couldnt wait to upgrade because something that could be 5 times clearer than dvd would be so clear it would look even more real than reality itself. 

Biggest Pikmin Fan on VGChartz I was chosen by default due to voting irregularities

Super Smash Brawl Code 1762-4158-5677 Send me a message if you want to receive a beat down

tuoyo said:
naraku2099 said:
MANUELF said:
Passenger57 said:
The problem with Blu-Ray is not the sales on big blockbuster action movies like this one, the problem their having is on sales of your everyday movie's i.e. comedies, animated film, etc.

What do you expect when the price of a blu-ray movie is 50% higher than the same movie on DVD?

Some people can see that as a bargain when if you have a full HD TV, the video and audio quality can be up to 500% better.

500% eh!  Are you dreaming?  The disc capacity may be 500% but the improvement over DVD does not even dream of coming even remotely close to that.  If it was barely anyone with a hdtv would buy DVDs even if the cost was 100% higher let alone 50%.  Before blu ray and HD DVD arrived that 5 times better bull shit was thrown around and I couldnt wait to upgrade because something that could be 5 times clearer than dvd would be so clear it would look even more real than reality itself. 

lol

Not trying to be a fanboy. Of course, it's hard when you own the best console eve... dang it