By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - X360 vs PS3 vs PS2 worldwide

I used vgchartz to compare several consoles. And I was surprised that the X360 and PS3 are selling at the same rate. You can see what I mean if you go to "World" -> "Compare Consoles". Than you should choose the 3 consoles I mentioned above and check the box "align launches". You can easily see that all the graphs are overlapping. This means that the performance of the X360 and the PS3 are at the same level like Last Gens Winner PS2. I've made a picture of it. (Hope this works ...)

So the PS3 isn't performing so bad like some are saying. (But with this speed they will never surpass the X360 ...)

However you get a whole new Picture if you add my personal favorite (the Wii) to this Graphs: But I am to lazy to do this ...

Around the Network

Read this thread.

Like its been said 1000 times.........

The sales for the Xbox 360 and PS3 are for US and Japan, since they launched simultaneously there.

The PS2 is not, as the PS2 launched only in Japan, and stayed Japan-only for about 6 months.

So if you want to say that the X360 and PS3 are doing good vs. the PS2, your very very wrong, because the VGC data is comparing 2 countries to 1 for the PS2.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

There are no numbers for PS2 in Others for the whole generation...

ioi, any chance you could add a short FAQ of this under the chart or something? I know you're busy and it says beta at the top of the screen, but looks like it'd be less trouble than answering the same question 15 times a week.

Around the Network

anyone got that "dead horse" animation handy?

Help! I'm stuck in a forum signature!

Sorry that I overread that the european stuff wasn't counted in the PS2 ...

I find it still intresting that X360 and PS3 are overlapping on a worldwide graph.

omgwtfbbq said:
anyone got that "dead horse" animation handy?

I could use it for a sig.