By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Molyneux asking for special review consideration ...

starcraft said:
DMeisterJ said:
starcraft said:
DMeisterJ said:
starcraft said:
DMeisterJ said:
Fuck that.

If people want to give Kojima flak for not being able to talk about the cutscene length, then we're going to give him flak on co-op.

Bull.

Molyneux is asking.  In fact, the impression I get is that he knows the reviews will be great in their own right, but feels that allowing a casual to play the game will unveil additional delights hardcore reviewers would miss.

I'm not really too concerned with the impression you get, I'm talking about what is stated.

Kojima got flak for MGS4 review consideration, so he will get flak in equal or greater value.  Period.

And what is stated is completely out of step with your interpretation.

What Molyneux said is this:

“I have a favour to ask you — we built this game not only to appeal to gamers like yourself, but to appeal to anybody. So please, please, please, please, please find somebody who doesn’t play games, watch them play it and see how their world turns out, because I think it’s only when you see those differences that the unique experiences comes through.”

The co-op thing was simply him outlining the feature.  Tell me DMeisterJ, where in there does it say reviewers are not allowed to review the game if they don't take account of Molyneux's considerations?

He's obviously not going to be as absolute as Kojima was with MGS4, as he saw the flak it got.  So saying "please" doesn't make it any different.  He's asking for the same kind of special consideration.

As someone has already said, he has a reputation for promising much, and delivering none. So he wants someone who hasn't played his games, or sipped his juice, so that when we see how much he has over promised and undelivered (hopefully not ^_^) they don't fault him for it.

Sorry.  Not buying this B.S.  

We gave Kojima flak, he's getting some too.  It's the same thing.

No strings attached explanation versus straightout blackmail.

They are completely different situations.  Molyneux is explaining that in his opinion Fable 2 could be enjoyed by the hardcore and casuals alike (whether this is true or not, it certainly wasn't for MGS4).  But at the end of the day, reviewers are free to completely ignore that opinion with no consequences.

Konami BANNED reviewers from talking about non-appealing features in MGS4, withholding review copies for those that refused to sign agreements to that effect.

I'm sorry DMeisterJ, but your console allegiences are at play here.

Furthermore, I don't recall the "we" giving Kojima flak ever including YOU.

The MGS4 issue was way, way worse.  Even so, it is not so much of a explanation, as it is request for them to conduct their review in a specific way.  While not binding in any way, a request from the developed whey you are getting a review copy of the game is a bit sketchy.

I am sure Fable2 will be fabulous.  I just don't like developers making "suggestions" on how reviewers should to do thier jobs.

Around the Network

How did MGS4 get dragged into this? That was a completely different game and what wass done is done, right or wrong. Drop the fanboy bullshit (It's really funny seeing starcraft and dmeister argue though) and just discuss this development in the gaming industry. I hope developers just learn to stfu and let games do the talking, if they didn't push the game back, it's their damn fault if it gets bad reviews.

Tag(thx fkusumot) - "Yet again I completely fail to see your point..."

HD vs Wii, PC vs HD: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=93374

Why Regenerating Health is a crap game mechanic: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3986420

gamrReview's broken review scores: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4170835

There's nothing wrong with asking. Had he "demanded" special treatment, well that's something else.

My guess is he feels that the online component/general appeal are going to be very big features and was trying to avoid the scores being lower due to the online piece being missing in initial reviews.

From reading a lot of the posts in this thread, I think it's fairly obvious that a lot of people, particularly those who don't like the 360, just want to grab on anything that can be attacked, no matter how small or insignificant. To those who get their shorts in a bunch when someone else looks for every negative aspect of a product, I say just ignore them. They're going to attack anything related to the 360, no matter what it is. Life is too short to let those people get me down.

EDIT: added the general appeal part of this.

This whole online thing with consoles has just given developers excuses to ship out unfinished products. How lame.....

jkl2207 said:
This whole online thing with consoles has just given developers excuses to ship out unfinished products. How lame.....

Yep.  It's very lame.  So is the argument that a release-day patch for online play is a big problem.  If you can't get online, then you don't need the patch.

Around the Network

if this had been ps3 game, it would have been reviewed lower

this is 360 game it will be reviewed higher.

i think molly is asking for fanboy review to bump it up

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

DMeisterJ said:
Fuck that.

If people want to give Kojima flak for not being able to talk about the cutscene length, then we're going to give him flak on co-op.

Seriosuly the swearing isnt needed.

PS3, WII and 360 all great systems depends on what type of console player you are.

Currently playing Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2, Fallout 3, Halo ODST and Dragon Age Origins is next game

Xbox live:mywiferocks

Reviewing shoudln't involve any input from the developer except the game itself , simple as that.

crumas2 said:
jkl2207 said:

Yep.  It's very lame.  So is the argument that a release-day patch for online play is a big problem.  If you can't get online, then you don't need the patch.

Pretty much seems fair in my mind, you dont need online if you dont go online.  I am fine with playing offline for a while its an RPG.

PS3, WII and 360 all great systems depends on what type of console player you are.

Currently playing Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2, Fallout 3, Halo ODST and Dragon Age Origins is next game

Xbox live:mywiferocks

xman said:
DMeisterJ said:
Fuck that.

Seriosuly the swearing isnt needed.

It wasn't.

But I liked it.