By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Do you think Sony will have a huge ad campagin for KZ2?

Based on the fact the advertising train for LBP has not yet left the station...Im losing all hope for Sony's Marketing team.

Yea, LBP is huge on forums where console owners gather, but such a small number of people go online (and waste their employers money) as much as we all do...

LBP needs morning spots, and evening spots...Sony should keep the concept of the 'Saliva Ad' and use current and popular music, and use each 30-45 second spot to showcase 2-3 titles appropriate for the channel that add is on.

I haven't seen an ad for the PS3 since August (Im in NJ, right next to Philly, 90 minutes from NY...BIG MARKET)...I saw one add for 'The Force Unleashed' ending in a PS3 logo...

Sony needs to throw money into the ad pool...bad.

PSN: TheGodofWine (Warhawk / R2 / MotorStorm PR)

AND

PSN: Skigazzi (for KZ2 and future games)

Around the Network

Obviously.

SpartanFX said:

I m just wondering since this is their own shooter and almost half of the PS3 owners are waiting for this game,will sony do midnight launches and big add campagins(something like halo )?

by that time(Feb 09) sony will have a user base of around 20-21 million(maybe even more),,so install base will be larger compared to 360 install base when halo 3 launched(it was15 million if im not mistaken).

I mean they have worked on this game alot and  even beta has started since 2 weeks ago(4 months before the official launch),,,will they spend like 10-15 million $ on marketing alone?is it even wise to do so?

Is that a quantifiably justified statement?

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

let them release the game first then talk about the campagins

starcraft said:
SpartanFX said:

I m just wondering since this is their own shooter and almost half of the PS3 owners are waiting for this game,will sony do midnight launches and big add campagins(something like halo )?

by that time(Feb 09) sony will have a user base of around 20-21 million(maybe even more),,so install base will be larger compared to 360 install base when halo 3 launched(it was15 million if im not mistaken).

I mean they have worked on this game alot and  even beta has started since 2 weeks ago(4 months before the official launch),,,will they spend like 10-15 million $ on marketing alone?is it even wise to do so?

Is that a quantifiably justified statement?

Nope, just wishfull thinking...

Sony will advertise this game, but not a lot, we will not see any Halo like camping, still sony will advertise this...

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."
Around the Network

It would be insanely stupid if Sony didn't back Killzone 2 with a full scale ad campaign. Seeing that we're talking about Sony's marketing I'm guessing that there are equal odds of no advertising, great advertising and confusing/disturbing advertising.

they should , it would be stupid not to

GodofWine said:
Based on the fact the advertising train for LBP has not yet left the station...Im losing all hope for Sony's Marketing team.

Yea, LBP is huge on forums where console owners gather, but such a small number of people go online (and waste their employers money) as much as we all do...

LBP needs morning spots, and evening spots...Sony should keep the concept of the 'Saliva Ad' and use current and popular music, and use each 30-45 second spot to showcase 2-3 titles appropriate for the channel that add is on.

I haven't seen an ad for the PS3 since August (Im in NJ, right next to Philly, 90 minutes from NY...BIG MARKET)...I saw one add for 'The Force Unleashed' ending in a PS3 logo...

Sony needs to throw money into the ad pool...bad.

agree but......... there is no money to throw :(

Sony always flops on ad campaigns. I haven't seen much on PS3 since the ad with Saliva - Ladies and Gentlemen.

Uh, Halo 2 sold over 8 million copies

VGChartz has Killzone 1 at 0.75 million in Americas

The advertising for their sequels will be completely incomparable