By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - would you buy a ps3 if it was around $300-350(no hdd)

ah probably not. i own a 360 but im not a sony hater. most of their games i can get on xbox and those that are exclusive just don't appeal to me as much. if there were say 3 or 4 games i really wanted, then i might.

Around the Network

they can't sell a ps3 without a hard drive. most games have mandatory installs.

Darc Requiem said:

4 ≈ One

This would never happen because of what they've said..this system simply could not sell without an HD. 80 GB isn't enough to me, but you still can't do it.

I have a 60 GB, with about 14 gigs of space left on it. The reason I have 14 gigs of space left on it is because I didn't want to put videos or music on it to save for taking up the space I use with how many games I download and mandatory installs I have to deal with. Ideally, I think 160GB would be perfect, but up from that isn't bad. If I had 160 GB, I'd have tons of shit on it..I'm just waiting til I can afford a bigger one, or christmas. Probably the latter.

I also understand that I play more games than the average gamer, and I probably buy more online content than the average gamer as well. 80 would suit some perfectly, just not me.

Darc Requiem said:

*SIGH*

Around the Network

no.

i need my hdd even a 20gb one.

Username2324 said:
Well with mandatory installs on a few games it's too late for this... Plus I don't see the point in buying a hdd separately, it'll only save a couple bucks and most people are too dumb to figure it out on their own.

This, though even with a HDD I"m holding out for ~$200.  My 360 satisfies my gaming needs, and there's no way in hell I'll pay over 200 for a Blu-Ray player.

De85 said:
Username2324 said:
Well with mandatory installs on a few games it's too late for this... Plus I don't see the point in buying a hdd separately, it'll only save a couple bucks and most people are too dumb to figure it out on their own.

This, though even with a HDD I"m holding out for ~$200.  My 360 satisfies my gaming needs, and there's no way in hell I'll pay over 200 for a Blu-Ray player.

a blu ray playerthat play games and a catalogue very similar to the 360, it gives more pack for the money you pay.

and a stand alone blu ray cheap ass blu ray player is 200$ right now.

No. Like I said before, I don't have a PS3 because it has few games that interest me. I've never cared about Blu-Ray, so thats not a factor in my purchase.

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

Username2324 said:
forsaken0825 said:
well i fail to see to buy a empty 360 but look at the sales >_>
and its called actually downloading FULL games and videos, to use up your hdd and please show me where i can buy a 160 ps3 right now

The 360 doesnt have mandatory installs and is not a home media center like the PS3. Full games? Most of my demos are over a GB, all of my videos in 1080p. There is plenty of room on a 80GB, as you've mentioned there are 360's out there with no harddrives.

Sony obviously didnt take the cheap route, so why start now? Why make things complicated?

As for the 160GB wait til Christmas, or cope with a 80GB.

There is simply no reason for Sony to take the harddrive out, the PS3 would lose it's rep as the complete package, and it wouldnt make Sony any money. No harddrive + lower cost still ='s LOSS

The 360 isn't a home media center?  I beg to differ.  I'm using mine as a gaming machine, a media center extender, and an HD movie player (that's right, I said HD movie player.  The 360 does play HD movies if you rent them on Marketplace, which is soon to have Netflix as well.)  As someone who doesn't really care to own copies of movies, the lack of a BluRay player doesn't bother me one bit.