By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Yes another anti-LBP thread.

i have the lbp beta and i tell you....you dont know shit about the game...there are 3 levels te play 3!! OF THE 50+...SOO YOU HAVE TONS Of items you dont have....and the levels i played where awesome! even mu mom and my sister are getting a ps3 for this game...hell yea!

Around the Network

This is what i have learned from this thread:

You can't even DARE talking bad about LBP
No-one has a opinion apart from the people who like LBP
LBP is going to own anything on the 360.

End of '08 predictions (made by theprof00): PS3: 20m, 360: 23.5m, wii: 42m

Now Playin':  PS3|Resistance 2, LBP, Uncharted and Fifa 09, PSP| Ratchet and Clank: Size matters, 360| Gears of war 2 and Fallout 3.

Gamerace said:
It's funny, I was just watching a bunch of LBP videos and thinking the same thing as this thread's author and then read this thread. It looks cool but the user created levels were all so basic to play through. Hell anything with a vehicle looked like an overglorified LineRider level. I can play that for free (or pay for it on Wii/DS which I'm not included to do either). All other levels looked cute but... boring.

I think this game will be big out the gate but 95% of the people will get bored with it quickly. 5% will love it to death but they will be the same diehards that do skins and mods to PC games. For everyone else the bother of building levels will get old fast as will trying to find user created content that's actually worth it to play through.

@Bolded part: Exactly what I thought when I saw the embedded Wipeout level video.

ultimate_123 said:
This is what i have learned from this thread:

You can't even DARE talking bad about LBP
No-one has a opinion apart from the people who like LBP
LBP is going to own anything on the 360. And the Wii

Fixed

Oh well, I agree with you in some points but I have more faith for the game...

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."
blazinhead89 said:
Garcian Smith said:
This thread summarized:

Poster: "Here's an intelligent, well-thought-out reason why I don't really care for a popular game."

Swarm of posters: "OHMIGOD he has an opinion different than ours! Burn the heretic!!"

Sounds like the Nintendo Forums >_> And What do you Expect for God's Sake! The guy Owns a 360 and Claims a PS3 Exclusive Sucks! News at 10!

Don't be mad at Garcian Smith. He makes fun of nerds and fanboys yet is one himself. Sometimes we all need to make fun of ourselves.

Around the Network

I don't think I have seen any LBP gameplay videos that really show the depth of the gameplay. Most of the videos that get attention are hyped to show that anything is possible in the create mode. Although the calculator and wipeout level are interesting to see, they aren't really fun to play. However, there are many user created levels that are a lot of fun to play and some of them are extremely difficult. If you like platformers then you will probably really like this game.

Thanks for the input, Jeff.

@dbot: I agree.

I've given up on defending LBP, tbh. One day you guys will get to play the game, and then you'll be converted.

I find it really funny that Nintendo fans (fanboys?) make up such a vocal part of the LBP doubting crowd. This game should be right up there alley, much like it's right up mine.

In the end, the game will speak for itself, though.

makingmusic476 said:
@dbot: I agree.

I've given up on LBP, tbh. One day you guys will get to play the game, and then you'll be converted.

I find it really funny that Nintendo fans (fanboys?) make up such a vocal part of the LBP doubting crowd. This game should be right up there alley, much like it's right up mine.

In the end, the game will speak for itself, though.

Why this Nintendo fan is vocal:

Initially I and most other Nintendo fans I noticed were outspoken about the sales. This is possibly because we are used to games not selling as much as we think they deserve. They make profit, but undersell games of lesser quality. LBP could fit into this category if it sells < 2 million. This is much better than the Wii games, but to many LBP fans and to me at the time it would have been disappointing. I stated many times that I wanted the game, but wanted to be realistic as to its success.

Now (like you admit) the videos that we are seeing are not good examples of gameplay, but we are constantly told that if we like Mario we should like LBP.  If that is so, show us why. Remember, the Wii owner likes gameplay.

"You can never jump away from Conclusions. Getting back is not so easy. That's why we're so terribly crowded here."

Canby - The Phantom Tollbooth

I just got into the beta today and the game is amazing, i played the story mode by myself then decided to join an online game, it was/is kinda confusing as they don't really tell you how, so this person joins my game calls me a fag and some other shit then leaves.

I then joined some online party with two other guys, but i'm not really sure how it happened. We then went on to play about 6 levels and it was so much fun, after the party got broken up do to connection issues i then went on to play another 5 levels before the the online crapped out for some reason. i'm going to go try and connect again.

The game is so much fun that later this week i'm going to pre-order a copy.

it looks ok and like it could be fun...but it just comes across, to me, as rather shallow

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur