By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Need game advice for Wii

So I recently won a Wii and have played Wii Sports, obviously, and Mario Galaxy and Mario Kart.

I like them all ok, with my friends, but I'm finding I don't like playing them alone too much.  Of the three I like Galaxy most and Sports least.  My favorite games this generation are:

Halo 3, Warhawk, Frontlines, Lost Odyssey, Oblivion, Uncharted, Dead Rising, Viva Pinata, Civilization:Revolution, Burnout Paradise, Orange Box, Top Spin, NHL 08/09, Lego games and various PSN/XBLA type games.  Western RPGs and shooters are my favorites, along with puzzle games for chillout time.

What should I try on Wii that I might like, especially for single player?

Thanks in advance for any good suggestions.  I'm already getting Boom Blox from Gamefly.

Can't we all just get along and play our games in peace?

Around the Network

Metroid Prime 3 and Twilight Princess should be your next purchases.

no more heroes is very good single player game, de blob and warioland are good single player game aswell, if you have not played okami and RE4 on other consoles buy them oh and zack and wiki

Wii/Mario Kart Wii Code:2793-0686-5434

For the puzzle gamer in you download Toki Tori, or buy Mercury Meltdown Revolution (they're both $10) or Zak and Wiki (must try).

Resident Evil 4 needs to be played on the Wii: I don't care if you played it elsewhere before. Metroid Prime 3 is also worth a look.

The Wii's quite light on FPS's and WRPGs, but if you're into rail shooters definitely try Sin and Punishment. I'll let you know the other games that come to mind later, if you want.

Thanks for reminding me about Zak and Wiki! I always wanted to check that out.

Can't we all just get along and play our games in peace?

Around the Network

Solo Adventure
Twilight Princess l Metroid Prime 3

Puzzle
Zack and Wiki is a must.

Shooter
007:Quantum of Solace l CoD World at War l The Conduit (09) l Sin and Punishment

Wait for 09 though. Thats when all the great games on Wii are coming.
Check here www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=0&id=39727

No More Heroes is the only 3rd person melee fighting game (like Dynasty Warriors, Devil May Cry, God of War, etc.) that I have ever enjoyed in my life, due to the great new controls with the Wii remote. It's part button masher like the rest of the crappy genre, but now the angle you're holding the remote at determines your attack stance, and it actually makes it fun.

Metroid Prime 3 is a great shooter/adventure game.

Gotta get Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn. AMAZING turn based strategy game. One of the best games on Wii. Also you need to get Resident evil 4 Wii edition. The controls make the game even better than before.

My Top 5 Games of All Time

1. FF7 4. SSX Tricky

2. FE7 5. RE4

3. MGS4

VALENCIA CF

SACRAMENTO KINGS

Don't buy Boom Blox and you'll be alright.

SSBB is a good game.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

resident evil umbrella chronicles

Nintendo Network ID: Sherlock99