By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I want a time-consuming Wii game that's good.

Gnac said:
blunty51 said:
Gnac said:

It's a lighthearted realtime strategy game where you control various types of infantry units (grunts, flame / bazooka vets, mortars, etc.) and several land, sea and air vehicles. There are a lot of varied missions, and some may take a few goes to find the correct strategy for getting those S-ranks. Presentation and voice acting are excellent, and the whole thing is very engrossing.

Cool scene. So when you say 'lighthearted', you mean like, probably not as intense as another RTS like say.....company of heroes? Cuz if that's the case i'll probably pick it up, I like RTS's but it just gets too fast paced for me at times.

Exactly. This has been used against BWii, but it seems that there is a demographic for it. I'm sure you'll have a lot of fun :D

Nice, I think I mgiht fit in this demographic. Thanks there

Around the Network
CrashMan said:
Don't get Scarface, its pretty awful.

What about Godfather...?

@blunty51: The only one I've played is Lego Star Wars and I believe that's the longest one among the 3, since it has the 6 movies in it.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

Fire emblem although you can always buy VC games.

The Godfather is quite a big game and really good as well. De Blob is also very nice, though it might lack some depth for you.

Around the Network

I haven't played godfather so I can't say, but from what I read it is supposed to be pretty good.

I am a Gauntlet Adventurer.

I strive to improve my living conditions by hoarding gold, food, and sometimes keys and potions. I love adventure, fighting, and particularly winning - especially when there's a prize at stake. I occasionally get lost inside buildings and can't find the exit. I need food badly. What Video Game Character Are You?

Mega Man 9 Challenges: 74%

Waltz Tango Jitterbug Bust a move Headbanging
Bunny Hop Mr. Trigger Happy Double Trouble Mr. Perfect Invincible
Almost Invincible No Coffee Break Air Shoes Mega Diet Encore
Peacekeeper Conservationist Farewell To Arms Gamer's Day Daily Dose
Whomp Wiley! Truly Addicted! Truly Hardcore! Conqueror Vanquisher
Destroyer World Warrior Trusty Sidearm Pack Rat Valued Customer
Shop A Holic Last Man Standing Survivor Hard Rock Heavy Metal
Speed Metal Fantastic 9 Fully Unloaded Blue Bomber Eco Fighter
Marathon Fight Quick Draw G Quick Draw C Quick Draw S Quick Draw H
Quick Draw J Quick Draw P Quick Draw T Quick Draw M Quick Draw X
blunty51 said:
nordlead said:
blunty51 said:
Thanks for the replies folks.

Yea i've outdone MK, SSBB, RE4.
I've heard a LOT about Fire emblem, mainly that it's really hard.
Is it turned based?

How long is No More Heroes?

Yes, Fire Emblem is turn based. Also, it is probably one of the hardest games this generation. You can expect to lose at least a few times, or have your characters killed and have to replay a stage. But it isn't imposible to beat either. I played it as my first SRPG on Normal and I only had to restart once because I really didn't know what I was doing. After that I was hooked.

The only time the game is imposible is if you only use your really strong units right off the bat instead of training your weaker ones. Also, if you let a lot of your characters die it will get harder as time goes on. I had to restart when I was about 1/2 way through, but that was because I didn't know what I was doing and most my units were way under powered.

So wait, so say that this is the kind of game that if you sorts do the wrong thing early on and reach far, you might have to start over your ENTIRE game??

Well, you'll know pretty soon that you are screwed. Like I said there are 2 things that will bite you.

1) Letting all your characters die early.
2) only using your super strong characters off the start

There is no grinding, and you can't bring people back to life, hence why those two things will make this game hard.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

@nordlead & axumblade

Thanks for the tips

The best game on nearly any console this gen, is Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn. It's also very core, difficult, and time consuming. I wouldn't be the man I am today if I hadn't played it.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

I'd vote for Godfather based on what you have not played yet. It was a great game. Though I am thinking of getting Fire Emblem after reading this thread. Other than that there are a plethora of VC games out there.