By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Reggie: We've shown a 'plethora' of hardcore games

Holy out of context!

So basically if an alien race is destroyed from a their sun going super nova then Nintendo's to blame?

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

Around the Network
dib8rman said:
Holy out of context!

So basically if an alien race is destroyed from a their sun going super nova then Nintendo's to blame?

Nintendo planned the actual economic crisis as a way to kill hardcore gaming forever.

Satan said:

"You are for ever angry, all you care about is intelligence, but I repeat again that I would give away all this superstellar life, all the ranks and honours, simply to be transformed into the soul of a merchant's wife weighing eighteen stone and set candles at God's shrine."

A plethora of crappy games.

steven787 said:
It does sound bad when the question is changed.

http://venturebeat.com/2008/10/06/qa-with-nintendo-of-america-chief-reggie-fils-aime-on-game-industry-competition/

VB: Do you think your upcoming hardcore games will answer complaints people had a few months ago at E3 about Nintendo ignoring hardcore gamers?

VB: “The Grand Theft Auto Chinatown Wars” title coming from Take-Two Interactive for the DS has the anti-violence and anti-drug activists concerned. “Mad World” is coming for the Wii. The argument goes that kids play the DS and the Wii more, so these titles could fall into the hands of kids. RF-A: The starting proposition is incorrect. We’ve sold almost 80 million DS units worldwide and almost 30 million Wiis.

:-O?

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
ItsaMii said:
dib8rman said:
Holy out of context!

Nintendo planned the actual economic crisis as a way to kill hardcore gaming forever.

Of course!  It was all part of the code, I'm shocked I didn't see it sooner.

Nostradamus made it so clear, he even gave a date; December 21, 2012.

Yes that is the end of hardcore gaming. Darn those Reptilemen in cloaks at Nintendo!

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

Around the Network

@thekitchensink: Those are old figures. At least the Wii had shipped 29.62 million units as of June 30, 2008.

It's highly improbable that it had sold less than 400k units WW in 3 months :P
Anyways quarterly reports should be here soon, and I expect VGChartz to be very close, like always.

The DS had shipped 77.54 million units as of June 30, 2008. So then again the VGC numbers are good.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

It's nice that the situation is better now with Punch Out! and Sin and Punishment 2.

I think the problem is that Xbox 360 and PS3 have far more hardcore games to choose from. Wii does have a lot of great games and more than one person who has a job or school or something else in their life could realistically play. It would be like walking into a Blockbuster, you see thousands of movies there but you're only going to rent a couple anyway but you have so much to choose from. With the Wii, it can be like going into a small family video store that has the big titles and all the Disney and kid movies but not many of the smaller or "hardcore" ones that are also great. So sometimes Wii owners can look to Blockbuster and see stuff they want but can't get.

It could be some sort of jealousy when Wii owners see games they want not coming to their system but instead one of the other two. I'm a Wii owner but know that eventually I will get one of the other systems because there are some other games that I want but the Wii won't get.

I'll come up with something better eventually...

And you can say the same about the other consoles. Every console has great exclusives. Wii will have the most though.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

trestres said:
And you can say the same about the other consoles. Every console has great exclusives. Wii will have the most though.

True to an extent. What I'm saying is that there are numerous games that the Wii doesn't get right now that I and many gamers would love to get. Of course that's true for those who own one or both of the other two systems, they would want some of the Wii's exclusive games. For example, what Wii owner wouldn't want just a few of the games off the top of my head, Halo, Gears of War, Metal Gear Solid, GTA 4, Saint's Row, Call of Duty 4, SF4, RE5 and so many other excellent games that the Wii will likely never see. I'm not in any way saying the Wii doesn't have some incredible games. I am afterall, a Wii owner myself. Just pointing out that wwe don't see as many awesome "hardcore" titles as the other two consoles.

I'll come up with something better eventually...