By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Silicon Knights lays of 25 to 30 workers... Because of Too Human flopping?

Ive beaten too human and i liked it...and I would only rent too human 2 if it did come out. so i hope they don't think of making 2 more without eternal darkness 2 to fall back on. I wouldnt want to see Silicon Knights go out of business...

Around the Network

Its share prices that are the problem. Sequels are funny especially if the original had shitty numbers its too late, the sequel is well into developement.

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

Dev teams do go up and down in size, it's normal for parts of a team to be laid off after they're done with their part of the project unless the company loved their work that much that they hired them on full time. Maybe if Too Human had more success they might have kept them on to help expand a few things on a game, if it doesn't do so well they keep it to their set plan and do the best they can with what they've got.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

lol....the spelling error was copy/pasted here.

Poor Kotaku needs to invest in some editors...or they at least need to read the comments to the articles.

Lord.

I never did play Too Human. Probably because I don't have a 360.

I still plan to rent it, though, and give it its fair shake. I liked Eternal Darkness too much to just let this slip by unnoticed. Hell, I've been waiting for this game since 1999.

Around the Network

Silicon Knights is a prime company to be bought out within the next year or so haha. They'll soon probably be begging for it. Wonder who will pick them up?

Zucas said:
Silicon Knights is a prime company to be bought out within the next year or so haha. They'll soon probably be begging for it. Wonder who will pick them up?

Looking at their track record I would hope Nintendo, but I don't think they're going to be bought out anyway - and if they were, Nintendo ain't doing much buying as of late.

|_emmiwinks said:

I seriously doubt that Too Human 2 and 3 are well underway. I have this feeling that they finally got Too Human done (mostly) and had to ship it. With only 180 employees I dont see them working one 3 "Top Shelf" games at once.

The fact that they dropped 25 people with two games coming up behind this one, based on all the same tech at least to me says that the future of the trilogy might be a little iffy. You keep the people that worked on the first game all the way through to make the next two move smoother.

Also he says they are working on "Several" new games to be announced. Several? And they fired a good portion of their staff with good experience? Theres more here then the spin they released.

Yeah, that's weird.

If you have new games coming out, why lay people off?

SpartanFX said:
starcraft said:
Apparently Too Human 2 (and 3?) is well into development. As in the development has been going on for some time. It's possible these are the people that got done on Too Human and weren't needed for Too Human 2.

by the time Too Human 3 comes out ,PS9 will be 199$ ;)

Can i quote you Spartan?

starcraft said:
Apparently Too Human 2 (and 3?) is well into development. As in the development has been going on for some time. It's possible these are the people that got done on Too Human and weren't needed for Too Human 2.

At this point in time we're more likely to see Shenmue 3 than we are Too Human. The actual cost of developing the sequel would have to be exceptionally low for that game to ever see the light of day.

Debating with fanboys, its not
all that dissimilar to banging ones
head against a wall