By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Is 2008 the year of PS3

I unfortunately have to slightly agree. I think it took Sony too long to get the PS3 out of the gates this gen. Although I really don't think anyone can honestly say that the PS3 hasn't come along way since E3 last year. I also stand by my prediction that by the time April is done the PS3 will have matched or exceeded the 360's worldwide sales.

Around the Network

im kinda leaning towards 09 right now, but holiday season is yet to come

No 2009 will though.

Given the development cycle of a console game... this year is just nice for the 360to to ripen... but hell it's one touch year to resist the temptation of buying one... but next year the PS3's development cycle will be completed atleast 1 round and that means more 3rd party game and better games... SO i'm really looking forward to it... the year 2009. where many more games will be announced for the PS3.

I'm gonna give 2009 the year of the wii, with wii-motion plus coming out. Completing what alot of gamers, including myself felt the wii would be capable of from the beginning. Thus I feel a good portion of developers will, if not already devote more attention towards the Wii.

With "hardcore" games such as The Conduit, and Red Steel 2 coming out. Both using 1:1 motion control, and "Casual" games such as Wii Sports: Resort coming out. Not to mention any other secret developments they may have in store for us.

2008 was a powerful year for the wii, taking both the Number 1, and 2 top game spots this generation with Wii Fit and MKWii, I have a hard time seeing 3rd party developers ignoring them any longer. Not unless they don't like money.

While I hate to say this, but PS3 lost this generation. Hands down, we're too far in for it to get ahead. At the rate it is going, even IF it begins to out-sell the xbox by 100, 000 weekly. We're looking at 55 weeks before it even matches what xbox has currently. It could easily take 2, 3 years before the PS3 reaches xbox 360 numbers, and in 2010, 2011? We're gonna see a whole new type of ball-game if technology continues to advance in the way it has been.

Edit - Dang, I feel like my words are a bit harsh towards the PS3. I don't want to feel like a wii/xbox 360 fanboy. But I do right now. Dang T_T.

Why must JRPG female leads suck so bad?

Around the Network

Wow. Nightstriker you're saying the PS3 is done and it's not even 2 years old yet. I think you need to be reminded that the PS1 and PS2 did not have good 1st year performances and it wasn't til the end of the 2nd year that it really started taking off. Which is happening with the PS3. I know the PS3 has a long road ahead of it, but to say that the PS3 has already lost this gen is just the most thoughtless retarded thing to say. On that note a system can't be a "loser" if the system is still attracting new consumers and software support. The Dreamcast is a "loser". The 3DO, Saturn, Phillips CD-i, Jaguar, Nomad, Wonderswan and PSX (Sony's revamped PS2, not the original PlayStation) are "losers".

No, because 2008 just like 2007 is a year of the Wii, and 2009 will also be a year of the Wii...

its the generation of wii

no year for ps3 or 360

actually come to think of it the year the 360 had alone was the year of the 360

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Consoles owned: Game Cube, Gameboy Color, Gameboy Advance, Nintendo DS, PSP, PS1, PS2, PS3.

My prediction: NATAL WILL NOT help 360 sales. Maybe a 50-100k boost week 1, then a 30-70 k boost week 2, and back to the norm again after 3-5 weeks.

No ooooo...

Tridrakious said:
I love how everyone is ruling out the possibility of the Wii not finishing 1st. The PS3 will be around for 10 years, Nintendo is supposedly prepping the next Nintendo console.

To my mind the generation finishes when the first next gen console is released.

The PS3 may well be around for 10 years but it wont be a viable race (ie A race with competitors) for more than 5.