By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Is 2008 the year of PS3

In the beginning I felt that way but now I think it will be 2009.

Around the Network

2008 nothing big has reaylly happened other than an economic downturn, so its probably the year of the cyclic economic recession. Wii is also doing great, so it might be the year of the Wii. PS3 has been selling on par with 360 and hasn't been dominating anything.

2009 will easily be year of the PC. But PS3 might do a better challenge against X360.

It will be the year of the Wii, then the 360 then the PS3

The PS3 has not closed the sales gap at all, in fact it's widening again. So no, it doesn't look like 2008 is the year of the PS3 unless they pull a price cut.

Around the Network
Soriku said:
Considering the PS3 will never be at top...no year will be the year of the PS3.

just when mgs4 was released. ;).

anyway many games that i was hoping for a 2008 release didn't come

FF13 FF13 GT5 God Of War 3 KZ2 and heavy rain are likely 2009-2010 releases and must buy for me,

i am hoping home its getting close to release by november, home will be a huge profit income for sony, and because of advertising, meaning we won't pay and companies will pay for it to keep it running.

Domicinator said:
The PS3 has not closed the sales gap at all, in fact it's widening again. So no, it doesn't look like 2008 is the year of the PS3 unless they pull a price cut.

i am sorry to tell you this but the ps3 had made the gap alot closer than early 2008. But i do have high hopes for the ps3 in 2009

Soriku said:
Considering the PS3 will never be at top...no year will be the year of the PS3.

Im going to quote you on that soriku, in any case in terms of games, the PS3 has had the most quality titles release this year than any other console so far, and its true, I mean GTA IV, GT5 Prolauge, DMC4, MGS4, Wipe out HD, Ratchet quest for booty, and tons more I really havent looked into.

mM
Domicinator said:

Widened? With the wii yes, but with the 360 no..

mM

actually they closed the gap by 1.5 million+ this year.