By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - 10 reasons why the 360 will own this holiday season!

Make youserlf an happy man if 360 get's HALF of the Wii sales this Holiday and FOREVER.

Can't wait for developers shift to Wii as their main development system as they did with DS... PSP is counting it's days to the graveyard...

Around the Network
starcraft said:
At first glance all of those reasons, whilst formidable, do not ensure the Xbox 360's dominance this holiday season.

Then you take a closer look at Reason 4.

+4

Fable 2 is the only fantasy WRPG of any note released on a console in the last two years.

This isn't a "JAS" (Just another shooter) type thing. It actually does have meaning to people. Its unlikely that a 4th or 5th excellent shooter release on any platform is likely to have much effect now.

Tease.

Squilliam said:
starcraft said:
At first glance all of those reasons, whilst formidable, do not ensure the Xbox 360's dominance this holiday season.

+4

Fable 2 is the only fantasy WRPG of any note released on a console in the last two years.

This isn't a "JAS" (Just another shooter) type thing. It actually does have meaning to people. Its unlikely that a 4th or 5th excellent shooter release on any platform is likely to have much effect now.

You're really grasping at straws.

A game whose predecessor sold <3 million copies is not going to ensure any dominance whatsoever.

Consoles owned: Saturn, Dreamcast, PS1, PS2, PSP, DS, PS3

Lord N said:
Squilliam said:
starcraft said:

+4

A game whose predecessor sold <3 million copies is not going to ensure any dominance whatsoever.

Oh, i completely agree with this.

To lazy to read it, what ever they said the Wii will sell more units its crazy to think otherwise. I say 5m Wiis in the us alone and maybe 2m 360s. Wii music alone will crush anything lol

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Around the Network
Lord N said:
Squilliam said:
starcraft said:

+4

Huh? Dominance? I think we're all past the one game will ensure dominance phase really. But like I said, its one of the few WRPG releases of any note, and its probably the biggest fantasy WRPG release for 2 years since Oblivion so its probably worth something.

Tease.

I'll have to remember not to let my asshole friends play online with me... I expect that I'll have a dead wife and kid asap(in fable 2).  I liked the list... but I fear for the life of my virtual family...

disolitude said:
ceaser92 said:
ok number 1- that new dashboard thing is not gonna make the 360 win this holiday
number 2 gears OK THIS can pass
number 3 left for dead wont sell enough to make the 360 win this holiday
number 4 fable 2 will help so this one works also
number 5 gta DLC is not important gta released apr 29, people will not buy this game just for that, so another failed reason
number 6 price cut ok this is good
number 7 net flix is good but this is not gonna make the 360 win
number 8 fall out 3 DLC No this is a failure reason also
number 9 xbox live is not gonna make someone buy a system when u have to pay to play
number 10 everyone knows psn games are A hell of alot better than arcade games

not being a fanboy just being real

hahaha...umm no. Evern with the official retail games being passed as dlc games by sony...they can't touch xbox live arcade.

PSN better than XBLA? ha ha ha...... Your winding us up right?

Castle crashers

Doom

Duke nukem 3D

Soul calibur

Rez HD

Ikaruga

Braid

Streets of rage 2

Geomatry wars 2

Portal: Still alive

Originoal N64 Banjo & kazooie

Ultimate mortal Kombat and many many more

XBLA pawns PSN

And how nice of sony to remove backwards compatability so you have to buy tekken 5 ect from the playstation store, good move sony.........

Yes, you can buy xbox origionals on xbox marketplace but at least you still have the option of buying them from a games shop in thier origional casing and a nice shiny CD

Cueil said:

I'll have to remember not to let my asshole friends play online with me... I expect that I'll have a dead wife and kid asap(in fable 2).  I liked the list... but I fear for the life of my virtual family...

LOL.  There is a setting you can toggle that will not save anything by your co-op partner.  I think it is called Fail Safe or something.

Except Gears 2 or price cut, the rest of the reasons can't move consoles by itself, but they can join all the good reasons that make attractive the 360 so it's not a complete fail, it's only that they aren't important enough.