- Bigger Screens

- Thinner

- Onboard flash memory

Con's

- No GBA Slot

- Camera's with laughable resolutions

- Reduced battery life

- Only plays ACC files

- DS/DSLite owners not getting DSWare is disapointing, espcially if you do not want to/cannot upgrade to DSi

- DSWare is region-locked (understandable but annoying as Nintendo's handhelds have always been region free and europe/australia will likley get screwed over in terms of releases)

Possible Con:

- Web browser is from opera (my expireince with opera includes wii and previous ds browsers and desktop browser, i was left dissapointed and running back to FF with all 3)

Your thoughts?

Manchester United 2008-09 Season - Trophies & Records

Barclays Premier League 2008-09: 1st // UEFA Champions League 2008-09: Finals (Yet To Play) // FIFA Club World Cup: Winners // UEFA Super Cup: Runners-up // FA Cup: Semi-Finals // League (Carling) Cup: Winners // FA (Charity) Community Shield: Winners
Records: First British Team To Win FIFA Club World Cup, New Record for No. Of Consecutive Clean Sheets In Premier League, New English & British League Records for Minutes Without Conceding, New Record For Going Undeafeated In Champions League (25 games ongoing), First British Team To Beat FC Porto In Portugal, First Club To Defeat Arsenal At The Emirates In European Competition, First Team In English League Football History To Win 3 Titles Back To Back On Two Seperate Ocassions
Around the Network

I love all the "betters" but I can't get past no GBA slot and reduced battery life. Maybe when FFVI is rereleased I can finally say goodbye to my GBA slot but until then there's no chance I'm picking this up.

Who cares about a GBA slot???

Most people outside of Pokemaniacs like myself never use it anyways and for those that do just keep your DSlite.

DSi is meant to compliment not suppliment the DSL. Both will be available so just pick the one that suits your needs...if u dnt already have a DSL.

I seriously doubt there will be an overwhelming majority of people that dont have a Nintendo handheld already to purchase the DSi just for its cameras....considering they arent so great anyways. DSi will prolly end up selling to people who want to "enhance" their current DS offering or will just buy it because it says Nintendo on it.......

Plain and simple.....if u dont want it dont buy it

No GBA slot and reduced battery life are huge cons :S

The SD slot might prove useful if they release the right software

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."

I'm more worried about the lack of HD quality visuals.

Around the Network

Forgot to add the con of "costs $200"
seriously, for a useless camera, worse battery life, downloads, and no GBA slot, the DSi is only worth $50 to me. If my DS Lite starts breaking down though, I will carefully weigh whether a $130 new DS lite of a $200 new DSi is a better deal. I am not sure, but I think DS Lite is still better. Short battery sucks for gaming. DSi seems more like a toy.

The camera is perfect for what it's for. You do realize it wasn't meant to take 1080p pictures?

It's for games and the Wii Photo Channel.

Anyway, I'm definitely be picking this up. DSWare? MP3 player? I'm game.

Hawkeye said:
Forgot to add the con of "costs $200"
seriously, for a useless camera, worse battery life, downloads, and no GBA slot, the DSi is only worth $50 to me. If my DS Lite starts breaking down though, I will carefully weigh whether a $130 new DS lite of a $200 new DSi is a better deal. I am not sure, but I think DS Lite is still better. Short battery sucks for gaming. DSi seems more like a toy.

umm, no.

It costs about $20 more than the DSLight. Thus probably around $130 or so when it launches here. The $180 price you are probably basing your post on was for Japan as a yen to dollar conversion, not US actual price.

Go to IGN for clarification if you don't beleive me.

I think the shorter battery life is a big issue and the lack of a GBA slot is not a big deal in my opinion. Most people who have any interest in playing GBA games will already have a GBA or some previous version of the DS. And even if it is an issue, I think it's minor and all the new stuff completely overshadows it. The battery life though does kinda suck to put it simply.

I'll come up with something better eventually...

Cons overcome the pros. I'll stick iwth my lite.